Has anyone heard from Dieter?
06-17-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: Has anyone heard from Dieter?
(06-17-2019 01:22 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  NOTE: The email address is in case anyone wants to have more information about the reasons for his death can consult the owners of the photography house where he worked for 13 years. In that case I ask you to share the information

There have already been enough flames on a forum for disclosing info about his health.
Please consider privacy about this...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2019, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2019 03:05 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
Hello!

(06-17-2019 02:40 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  There have already been enough flames on a forum for disclosing info about his health.

I saw that too on a german photography forum. An awful flamewar for no reason at all.

On this forum I have known Dieter as a very knowledgeable and helpful person with a no-nonsene approch to the topics discussed here. I would guess that he took the same approach to other aspects of life as well. Therefore I personally think that he would not mind the cause of his untimely death gettting known among the (online) communities that he was an active part of.
Especially because it may remind one or the other person past 50 years of age - has was even two years younger than I am - to go to a medical check-up in regular intervals. Someone may actually be saved from that same fate by being reminded. I am 100 percent certain that he would have liked that.

A sad loss.

All the best
Max
Find all posts by this user
06-17-2019, 08:49 PM
So saddened by this news. I really only "worked" remotely with Dieter on the 67 fun rom, but always enjoyed his posts and comments. Very glad to have known him on this forum. Condolences to his family and friends.
06-18-2019, 02:03 AM
Sad news, only now I read it.

I learned at lot from Dieter. He was truly a gentleman.

And left us so early! I'm one day only older than him.

Rest in Peace, dear fellow.
06-18-2019, 02:13 AM
I followed Bob's link to his last post and discovered it was a thread of mine. I thanked as always to his always prompt help.

Dieter, what an honour to had you on board!

You will be deeply missed!
06-18-2019, 09:18 PM
I just saw this thread, it's really sad.

May his ideas live eternally in the archives of this forum. For as long as we keep this forum alive, he won't be forgotten.
06-19-2019, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2019 11:31 AM by Harald.)
What a strange coincidence. Today, while tidying up my desk I found this label:

[Image: img_20190619_131443nski5.jpg]

That is a little creepy...

Harald
06-19-2019, 01:53 PM
(06-11-2019 12:42 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  
(06-10-2019 11:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Dieter has not signed-in here since March, so I thought I'd check if anyone has been in touch, or knows status and that he's OK.

I sent him a PM (there is no email option) and got no reply, and though his profile shows he's from Germany, it does not specify where in Germany.

I miss his contributions and wit, and his amazing ability to always squeak out at least one more program step. I sure hope he's just off on an extended vacation or something fun.
I also miss Dieter, since March 12, I do not know anything about him. Does not participate in the MoHPC Forum or respond to emails. I hope it has only taken a long time to vacation somewhere in this world
Pedro

(06-19-2019 11:29 AM)Harald Wrote:  What a strange coincidence. Today, while tidying up my desk I found this label:

Harald
Maybe the bill was made by Dieter Lefeling!
Pedro
06-19-2019, 02:25 PM
(06-19-2019 01:53 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  
(06-11-2019 12:42 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  I also miss Dieter, since March 12, I do not know anything about him. Does not participate in the MoHPC Forum or respond to emails. I hope it has only taken a long time to vacation somewhere in this world
Pedro

(06-19-2019 11:29 AM)Harald Wrote:  What a strange coincidence. Today, while tidying up my desk I found this label:

Harald
Maybe the bill was made by Dieter Lefeling!
Pedro

No, the address is a warehouse a little outside of Münster and I would have expected him to have worked at the store near Münster station.

But the date on the label was a bit of a shock...
06-19-2019, 03:06 PM
You are right about postal address, I had not paid attention to the date, the same one in which Dieter passed away. Truly spooky. Pedro
06-20-2019, 12:09 AM
4.04 Dieter Not Found

Enjoy all those calculators in the sky, Dieter! You will be missed. Sad
06-21-2019, 10:21 PM
So Sorry to hear of his passing..
06-30-2019, 10:31 PM
This is indeed very sad news. He was very generous with his technical knowledge and support. Several times I posed a problem I was trying to solve and he was usually the first one to offer ways to accomplish whatever I was trying to do. Always a gentleman !

I will miss him. We all will. R.I.P. Dieter !

Regards,
Bob

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)