TI manuals
06-04-2019, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2019 10:52 PM by jwhsu.)
TI manuals
About a year ago, I scanned the manuals for the TI-74 users guide and the TI-95 users guide, programmers guide, statistics, mathematics, and chemical engineering library for backup in case something happened to the hardcopy manuals. Is there any interest in these manuals for the TI-74 and TI-95? I also have the manual for the TI-74 8K memory module and statistics library, which I can scan as well, if there is interest. Thanks.

Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2019, 11:54 PM
RE: TI manuals
(06-04-2019 10:51 PM)jwhsu Wrote:  About a year ago, I scanned the manuals for the TI-74 users guide and the TI-95 users guide, programmers guide, statistics, mathematics, and chemical engineering library for backup in case something happened to the hardcopy manuals. Is there any interest in these manuals for the TI-74 and TI-95? I also have the manual for the TI-74 8K memory module and statistics library, which I can scan as well, if there is interest. Thanks.

Jack

Yes, for me the 74 manuals would be appreciated. After years of wondering how the 74 compares to HP's 71B I finally got one a few months ago, but have not made any time to explore, so these manuals will help.

I believe the TI libraries, such as the statistics library you mention, came only in ROM modules, is that correct, or can the library programs be used from RAM?

Very clearly NO RUSH for any of these.

Thanks for your generous offer Jack.

--Bob Prosperi
06-05-2019, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 12:50 AM by jwhsu.)
(06-04-2019 11:54 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(06-04-2019 10:51 PM)jwhsu Wrote:  About a year ago, I scanned the manuals for the TI-74 users guide and the TI-95 users guide, programmers guide, statistics, mathematics, and chemical engineering library for backup in case something happened to the hardcopy manuals. Is there any interest in these manuals for the TI-74 and TI-95? I also have the manual for the TI-74 8K memory module and statistics library, which I can scan as well, if there is interest. Thanks.

Jack

Yes, for me the 74 manuals would be appreciated. After years of wondering how the 74 compares to HP's 71B I finally got one a few months ago, but have not made any time to explore, so these manuals will help.

I believe the TI libraries, such as the statistics library you mention, came only in ROM modules, is that correct, or can the library programs be used from RAM?

Very clearly NO RUSH for any of these.

Thanks for your generous offer Jack.

No problems. The TI Libraries, as far as I know, are only ROM modules. I don't think they can be used from RAM. Also, I have an extra PC-324 printer and a mathematics library module (I think, I need to double check) that can be used with the TI-74 if you are interested.

Jack
06-05-2019, 12:55 AM
I'd be most interested in the TI-95 manuals, having picked one up a while back after reading about it here on the forum.

Thanks for the offer.
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
06-05-2019, 01:09 AM
Manuals? Yes, Please! and Thank you.
06-05-2019, 04:34 AM

Jack

Jack,

Yes please and it will be much appreciated. Any time is fine,

Eddie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2019, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 05:17 AM by toml_12953.)
(06-05-2019 12:55 AM)mfleming Wrote:  I'd be most interested in the TI-95 manuals, having picked one up a while back after reading about it here on the forum.

Thanks for the offer.
~Mark

Both manuals (User's Guide and Programming Guide) for the 95 are here:
http://www.datamath.org/Graphing/TI-95.htm

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Quote:Both manuals (User's Guide and Programming Guide) for the 95 are here:

Thanks Tom. I didn't realize that the owners and programmers manuals for the TI-95 were already available in PDF.

Here is the link to a folder that contains all of the manuals scanned so far:

TI-74/95 manuals

The scans for the TI-74 Programmers Reference, Math Library, and Learn Pascal I believe were from a OS X distribution of PocketEMU. The rest were scans I made. I'll try to get a scan of the TI-74 Statistics library included as soon as I can. Let me know if there are any problems.

Jack
06-05-2019, 01:15 PM
You are awesome - thank you!
06-05-2019, 03:42 PM
THANK YOU for the TI-95 manuals, especially the library guide books.

I have been hunting high and low for these for a couple of years.
06-05-2019, 04:00 PM
(06-05-2019 01:03 PM)jwhsu Wrote:  
Quote:Both manuals (User's Guide and Programming Guide) for the 95 are here:

Thanks Tom. I didn't realize that the owners and programmers manuals for the TI-95 were already available in PDF.

TI-74/95 manuals

The scans for the TI-74 Programmers Reference, Math Library, and Learn Pascal I believe were from a OS X distribution of PocketEMU. The rest were scans I made. I'll try to get a scan of the TI-74 Statistics library included as soon as I can. Let me know if there are any problems.

Jack

Have you considered sending a link to the guy (Joerg Woerner) who runs the Datamath Calculator Museum website (where the other TI-95 PDFs mentioned above came from)? It seems to be the central place to go to for info on old TI calculators!

— Ian Abbott
06-05-2019, 04:18 PM
(06-05-2019 04:00 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  
(06-05-2019 01:03 PM)jwhsu Wrote:  Thanks Tom. I didn't realize that the owners and programmers manuals for the TI-95 were already available in PDF.

TI-74/95 manuals

Jack

Have you considered sending a link to the guy (Joerg Woerner) who runs the Datamath Calculator Museum website (where the other TI-95 PDFs mentioned above came from)? It seems to be the central place to go to for info on old TI calculators!

Just emailed him to see if he would be interested. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack
06-05-2019, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 07:33 PM by Csaba Tizedes.)
Thanks! Approx 1 month ago I transplanted a TI-74 BASICALC faceplate+keyboard to my perfect TI-74 S and now I have a workable unit with labels on keyboard, so I am ready to dig into the deep!
06-05-2019, 11:26 PM
Added the TI-74 Statistics Library Guidebook and The Learn Pascal Keyboard overlay and Reference Guide. I'm not very happy with the scans of the the Learn Pascal Reference Guide as the text was too close to the binding. I'll spend some time trying to clean it up over the next few weeks.

Jack
06-06-2019, 04:05 AM
(06-05-2019 04:00 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  Have you considered sending a link to the guy (Joerg Woerner) who runs the Datamath Calculator Museum website (where the other TI-95 PDFs mentioned above came from)? It seems to be the central place to go to for info on old TI calculators!

I sent him the link but instead of everyone hosting manuals on their own, how about letting him host them? The Datamath site is well established and as you said, is the go-to place for TI fans. If everyone hosts their own, we TI aficionados night miss a lot of good content or at least have to keep track of a bunch of sites when following one site is much more efficient.

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-06-2019, 12:34 PM
(06-06-2019 04:05 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I sent him the link but instead of everyone hosting manuals on their own, how about letting him host them? The Datamath site is well established and as you said, is the go-to place for TI fans. If everyone hosts their own, we TI aficionados night miss a lot of good content or at least have to keep track of a bunch of sites when following one site is much more efficient.

I get this point Tom, and it is a good one, but keep in mind sites can disappear with no warning. Joerg has recently started selling off his collection on eBay, so perhaps he is winding down his awesome website as well. Remember what happened with greendyk.nl last year, when the best online HP manuals disappeared with no chance of copying them for continued access or future fans.

I think it's best to ensure major sites such as Datamath get copies, as they get lots of eyes that aren't looking elsewhere, but no harm in having items in other places too. The project pier4r started to preserve content is tedious and underappreciated now, but will be valued and highly appreciated in the future when that is the only copy available of much of his content.

--Bob Prosperi
06-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Hi all. You're talking about Ti-74 and TI-95, but probably you're missing the Texas instruments CC-40 (and its manuals).

http://basic.hopto.org/basic/manuales.php

Calculadoras programables BASIC años 80-90:
http://basic.hopto.org
06-12-2019, 01:02 AM
(06-06-2019 12:34 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Remember what happened with greendyk.nl last year, when the best online HP manuals disappeared with no chance of copying them for continued access or future fans.

I was able to copy most of those; just haven't finished fixing them all up yet. The pages were built using some PHP magic that made downloading them a pain and requires quite a bit of work to make all the links work again, but I have been able to restore the 41C, 15C, 97, 67, 65, and 80 manuals, and I have made some progress with the 41C Quick Reference, Card Reader, Standard Pac, Wand, Time Module, and 82143A Printer manuals. I'll post on the forum once they're all done, sometime this summer, I expect.
06-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Wanted to let everyone know I included a extremely cleaned up copy of the Learn Pascal Reference Guide. I basically retyped the entire text and cleaned up the formatting and made sure the examples were consistent. The older scanned version of the manual was removed. Hopefully not too many errors creeped into the revised copy. Let me know if any corrections are needed.

Jack
06-12-2019, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2019 06:45 PM by jwhsu.)
(06-11-2019 08:05 PM)foroplus Wrote:  Hi all. You're talking about Ti-74 and TI-95, but probably you're missing the Texas instruments CC-40 (and its manuals).

http://basic.hopto.org/basic/manuales.php

Thanks. I actually have one with a Mathematics module and manual. Is there a need for a scan of the math module manual for this system?

Jack

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)