(HP-67) Waves Application
06-04-2019, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 12:23 AM by SlideRule.)
(HP-67) Waves Application
An extract from HP 67-97 calculator waves application programs, Department of Oceanography (Naval Hydrographic Service and National Research Council), AUG 1986 (8 pgs)

INTRODUCTION:
The purpose of this note is to provide three different hand-held calculator programs related to coastal morphology and shoreline protection, and the principal objective is to obviate to the coastal geologist, where oceanographer, or engineer engaged in field operations or surveys, the use of charts or nomograms of the Shore Protection Manual (US Army, 1984). Even though these topics are interrelated, the following three steps present simplified models for:
(1) Computing adjusted windspeed,
(2) Wave forecasting, and
(3) Statistical approximation of extreme wave conditions.

Replete w/ descriptions, formulas-equations, instructions, flowcharts, explanations, examples etc.

BEST!
SlideRule

ps: changed web link to 'DocSlide'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2019, 02:57 PM
RE: (HP-67) Waves Application
I am having problems with the link, it announce "Reader Error!". So an alternative is: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...0487900148

Pedro
06-04-2019, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2019 09:37 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
I wonder whether Google Reader is experiencing a Reader Error because Google Reader cannot read documents, or whether Google thinks This Reader is in error because I am attempting to read their document using a Huawei device that Google are now unhappy to read their documents on? The error message could be clearer.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2019, 12:24 AM
I changed the web link to a working link; sorry.

BEST!
SlideRule

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)