CAS comparison HP Prime versus CASIO CG50
10-27-2022, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2022 04:38 AM by Ioncubekh.)
CAS comparison HP Prime versus CASIO CG50
I have see Mr. Parisse has ported CAS to CG50. CG50 by all means is python enables and now CAS enabled with almost half the price tag. Additionally per this thread xcas is exposed to pyhton as well.

Can anyone compare CAS implemenattion on CASIO versus Prime?

Ref: https://www.casiopeia.net/forum/viewtopi...30&p=20588

HP Prime G1
Python via Android Termux...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2022, 05:25 AM
RE: CAS comparison HP Prime versus CASIO CG50
The main differences are hardware and exam mode availability vs price.
On the Prime, you have much more memory, a much faster CPU (this is especially appreciated for 3d rendering) and the CAS remains available in test mode.
The CG50 is an excellent functionnality vs price choice (this is especially true if you compare it to the TI84). Another point is that I'm entirely free to publish enhancements and bug fixes on the CG50. For example, the CG50 full version of Xcas has an interactive 3d geometry application, the program editor has color highlighting and parenthese match, ...
10-27-2022, 07:17 PM
RE: CAS comparison HP Prime versus CASIO CG50
Although I have clearly expressed my disappointment of bugs and lack of stability of PYTHON on Prime, I also have to point out another important aspect.
PYTHON on Prime is incredibly fast (wrt calculators). Have a look at my Mandelbrot explorer and enjoy Smile
Be sure to download the latest version, from post #15, if you're interested in such a gimmick at all.

Günter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)