WTB : HP67 card reader wire connector
03-28-2019, 12:31 AM
WTB : HP67 card reader wire connector
Hi All,

I'm not sure how to describe this part that I need, but on the later HP67 card readers, the motor and power wires are not soldered, but use a push-in connector.

I need one of those connectors, as I managed to break the power wire such that there's a small piece of wire stick in the connector, and now I can seem to push any more wire into it.

I'm happy to take a whole dead 67 card reader board if it has at least one of those connectors.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2019, 03:59 AM
RE: WTB : HP67 card reader wire connector
(03-28-2019 12:31 AM)Johnboy Wrote:  Hi All,

I'm not sure how to describe this part that I need, but on the later HP67 card readers, the motor and power wires are not soldered, but use a push-in connector.

I need one of those connectors, as I managed to break the power wire such that there's a small piece of wire stick in the connector, and now I can seem to push any more wire into it.

I'm happy to take a whole dead 67 card reader board if it has at least one of those connectors.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
John

I think these are used to provide strain relief for the wires at the termination point.

You could solder the wire directly to the pin.

cheers

Tony
03-28-2019, 04:05 AM
I don't know if it really called by this name but is called Augat socket here:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/howtohp/howtohp.htm
03-29-2019, 05:26 AM
Thanks Guys.

Googling fro "Augat Sockets" gives a while bunch of results for IC sockets, not like 67 card reader sockets. Maybe "Augat" is brand ??

Cheers,
John
03-29-2019, 10:18 AM
(03-29-2019 05:26 AM)Johnboy Wrote:  Thanks Guys.

Googling fro "Augat Sockets" gives a while bunch of results for IC sockets, not like 67 card reader sockets. Maybe "Augat" is brand ??

Cheers,
John

If I'm picturing the connector correctly in my mind, perhaps a pin taken from a machined pin IC socket will do. Depends on how thick the wire is.

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)