41CL - how to activate 9xxx configurations
03-19-2019, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2019 03:03 PM by wok.)
41CL - how to activate 9xxx configurations
Last week I received my 41CL (V5 incl. time clone) and I am thrilled. I have worked through the available documentation and everything is pretty clear. The system is now updated to the latest rom_versions (21/02/2019) - it took just 20 minutes in CPONLY mode - and everything works as expected.

However, I have problems with loading predefined 9xxx configurations. In order to load i.e. 9MTH I need to have the extreme functions (YFNX) enabled at page 7. Whatever I do to load the 9MTH configuration leads to a configuration error, because the extreme functions are configured twice. Do I have to unprotect YFNX first ?

Is there someone who would let me know the easiest way of activating a predefined 9xx configuration after Memory Lost ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2019, 05:24 PM
RE: 41CL - how to activate 9xxx configurations
(03-19-2019 08:12 AM)wok Wrote:  Last week I received my 41CL (V5 incl. time clone) and I am thrilled. I have worked through the available documentation and everything is pretty clear. The system is now updated to the latest rom_versions (21/02/2019) - it took just 20 minutes in CPONLY mode - and everything works as expected.

However, I have problems with loading predefined 9xxx configurations. In order to load i.e. 9MTH I need to have the extreme functions (YFNX) enabled at page 7. Whatever I do to load the 9MTH configuration leads to a configuration error, because the extreme functions are configured twice. Do I have to unprotect YFNX first ?

Is there someone who would let me know the easiest way of activating a predefined 9xx configuration after Memory Lost ?

From the MEMORY LOST condition:

XEQ "MMUCLR"
"YFNX"
XEQ "PLUGH"
"YFNF"
XEQ "PLUG1L"
XEQ "MMUEN"
XEQ "CFGINI"
XEQ "PLUG"
"9MTH 8"

I notice that the display flashes something (perhaps "1Z DC") when the calc is turned off with this configuration. I don't know if it's supposed to do that or not. It doesn't come from YFNX.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2019, 06:25 PM
(03-19-2019 05:24 PM)Monte Dalrymple Wrote:  From the MEMORY LOST condition:

XEQ "MMUCLR"
"YFNX"
XEQ "PLUGH"
"YFNF"
XEQ "PLUG1L"
XEQ "MMUEN"
XEQ "CFGINI"
XEQ "PLUG"
"9MTH 8"

I notice that the display flashes something (perhaps "1Z DC") when the calc is turned off with this configuration. I don't know if it's supposed to do that or not. It doesn't come from YFNX.

Thank you very much Monte - this works indeed. This way the alternate configurations are initialised from the Plugs by CFGINI so that the extreme functions can recall them later on by number (RCLCFG 4-F). Then you use the Plug function to load the alternate configuration directly using the plug definition.

It seems that the flashing message is caused by the Z4DL module.
I will now dive into the incredible set of 9MTH modules mainly written and provided by Angel Martin.
03-19-2019, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2019 11:34 PM by cdmackay.)
I was going to ask whether there was any point in trying to come up with a set of alternate configurations that left pages 6 & 7 free.

But perhaps a better idea is to just switch to an emptier config, when I want to print, or save data, via my newly-arrived PIL-box?

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
03-20-2019, 01:15 AM
(03-19-2019 11:34 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  I was going to ask whether there was any point in trying to come up with a set of alternate configurations that left pages 6 & 7 free.

But perhaps a better idea is to just switch to an emptier config, when I want to print, or save data, via my newly-arrived PIL-box?

The "9HIL" configuration has pages 6 and 7 free. But you can't just PLUG it in because YFNX is in a different page for that configuration. So it's a multi-step process. It was a trade-off...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2019, 05:59 PM
(03-20-2019 01:15 AM)Monte Dalrymple Wrote:  The "9HIL" configuration has pages 6 and 7 free. But you can't just PLUG it in because YFNX is in a different page for that configuration. So it's a multi-step process. It was a trade-off...

Yes, I was just being lazy; I need to come up with my own configs. But the suggestions given in the chart for the CFGINI command are a great starting point, thanks!

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)