Weird screen in HP 12c
03-20-2019, 10:21 PM
Weird screen in HP 12c

A friend give me an old Hp 12c neither open nor used. When I pushed power on a weird screen appeared. I changed the batteries and another strange screen appears. I let him 24 hours without batteries ( to reset him) and the same . Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2019, 12:04 AM
RE: Weird screen in HP 12c
(1) Are you sure that the batteries are strong? Merely being newly bought doesn't guarantee that they're strong.

(2) What happens if you turn it off, press and hold down the "-" (subtract) key, and then press ON while still holding down the "-" key? It should clear all memory and say "Pr Error".

(3) Another way to reset the machine is to remove the batteries and then short the calculator's battery terminals together using a paper clip or pair of scissors or whatever. This supposedly drains the internal capacitor. It's harmless; give it a try.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2019, 06:27 AM
I tried that. Nothing works. Thanks
03-21-2019, 07:58 AM
(03-21-2019 12:04 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  (1) Are you sure that the batteries are strong? Merely being newly bought doesn't guarantee that they're strong.

(2) What happens if you turn it off, press and hold down the "-" (subtract) key, and then press ON while still holding down the "-" key? It should clear all memory and say "Pr Error".

(3) Another way to reset the machine is to remove the batteries and then short the calculator's battery terminals together using a paper clip or pair of scissors or whatever. This supposedly drains the internal capacitor. It's harmless; give it a try.

Looks a bit like it is trying to display the lower half of "Error"

cheers

Tony
03-26-2019, 12:50 AM
(03-20-2019 10:21 PM)tonyrp Wrote:  A friend give me an old Hp 12c neither open nor used. When I pushed power on a weird screen appeared. I changed the batteries and another strange screen appears. I let him 24 hours without batteries ( to reset him) and the same . Thanks

I know what it is, it's the Predators language.

[Image: 0229d4e79e39657c2e744ca06d1605b2.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)