Printed User Manual
12-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Printed User Manual
Hi
Is it possible to buy an printed User Manual anywhere, I have search the web but I have not find anything yet.

/Lars
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: Printed User Manual
Hello!
Not have access to a laser printer? I printed my own User Manual, and he was great! Smile

Greetings!
12-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Of course I can print it myself, but I was looking for a more professional made book, easier to read at night in bed....
12-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello!
I understand your point of view.
I live in Argentina, and books do I print the "banding" system possibly know in your country and that allows me to read books I print comfortably.

It looks like this:

[Image: 46788096_1.jpg]

Greetings!
12-16-2013, 08:38 PM
I have to look into a similar solution, thanks for your input.
12-17-2013, 01:14 AM
Many print shops can also do the ring binding. They have all the punches and such. Nothing quite like a real HP manual though. I'm hoping one may be made available once the firmware settles down. I dislike PDF manuals and that's the one thing that has kept me from digging into this new machine and making it my daily driver. Unfortunately I no longer have the math skills and knowledge to help much with the bug hunt but do look forward to refreshing those things in the future using the Prime as a learning tool.
12-17-2013, 01:37 AM
I was hoping someone from HP might let us know if the manual is "firm" or if large revisions are still planned.

Like the gentleman above, I need a bound manual to learn from but printing this at my local store is about $75 so my preference is to wait until the manual is actually done.

Thanks for any info.

??
12-17-2013, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 11:44 PM by Dave Hicks.)
Thinking on the orientation of the device, I think including a printed paper manual is just wasting money and being less competitive.

I studied in an university campus where there was only engineer careers and in 6-7 years I never saw any student to read any calculator manual in paper form, I am sure 99% of the manuals stayed in the plastic wrap forever. I used to read the pocket quick reference guide when [edit] in the bathroom [/edit] because tablets and smartphones where primitives/non existent in these years.

Edited by moderator for appropriate language.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2013, 04:45 AM
(12-17-2013 02:53 AM)eried Wrote:  Thinking on the orientation of the device, I think including a printed paper manual is just wasting money and being less competitive.

It doesn't have to be included with every calculator. It should be made available on request (and I'd even accept to pay extra for it, if the price is honest and the quality good). Like many people, I just can't study a big book like that in-depth in pdf form, and like many people, I'm not using the Prime to its full potential because I don't have an easy way to study its manual.

I remember spending countless train commutes studying the hp48g/50g manuals "back then". I used to read them cover-to cover, not just as a reference, with the result that I often discovered interesting features/commands that I wouldn't have searched on my own.

Oh, and I just hate people who are too lazy to read the manual they have in their hands, and then come to me and ask "how do I do this and that"? This applies to every technological "gadget", not only calculators.
12-17-2013, 06:44 AM
I agree. I also wouldn't mind paying for it. My manual that came with my 35S says you can call the 1-800 number and request the full version for free but when I called them they said they are out and have no intention of printing any more. He was kind of snarky when he said "The PDF is a printer friendly format."! I have considered contacting a print shop to see if they could print and bind one but have been scared to find out how much they would want. I don't think hp has any intention of printing any, maybe somebody else will pick up the ball and run with it. I guess hp has reason not to print them, but to me there's nothing like being able to hold the book in your hands.

CD Dodds
12-17-2013, 03:56 PM
It should be very nice if HP did had this manual for sale, should be a good service for the customers.
12-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I guess we'll need a stable firmware before they even envisage to print a paper version. At the moment I really feel like playing with a beta version calculator and wouldn't recommend it to students.
When I purchased my HP 15C it came with a translated thick book! That was many years ago when Hp had a valid QA process.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)