emu48 now for android-OS
12-19-2019, 02:57 AM
RE: emu48 now for android-OS
(12-14-2019 07:48 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  Unfortunately I can confirm that any modification to port 2 in 50g emulation is not saved
Still no easier way to save port2, sorry.
[/quote]

I believe that in a space of the rom of hp50 the information of port 2 is stored, for which it is required to modify the ROM file, another option would be to store it in a separate file, but this should have help of author of emu48 (Christoph Gießelink)

It would also be very useful (for Christoph Gießelink) to unify several emu48 applications in a single executable (rams creator, etc.) as Regis did in the Android version
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2019, 05:53 PM
(12-16-2019 11:09 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Yes, it is actually what I mean by key debouncing, sorry if the words are not the right one: you press a key, you get the haptic feedback so the application definitely saw the key press, but nothing happens on screen. This happens quite often, every 4 or 5 keypresses I guess.

By the way, is there a way to paste a program in text format onto Emu71 ?

Regarding Emu28, it works but several times I encountered a LCD problem. the calculator is alive, you hear it beeping on errors, but the LCD is either blank or frozen when you type a key. If you exit and come back you see the keys your pressed before on screen, so I guess it is a pure display problem, not an emulation freeze... It is gone now, not too sure on how to reproduce.

I can see now that the Emu71 for Android (not Windows) freeze at a regular interval :-(

I don't know if it is possible to copy/paste program in text with the original Emu71 for Windows... It is possible to save/load a block of memory once you add a RAM module in the port configuration with the menu appearing with a long tap on RAM module in the list.

For Emu28, I'm not able to reproduce yet, I will try to find the issue.
12-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Thanks Regis, hope you'll find the bug in Emu71 ! Smile Cheers
12-21-2019, 09:33 PM
Hi Regis,

Just to let you know that coming back to Emu42 after a while, to where I left it (27S open on the equation solver editor), the cursor was not blinking, which is a sign of a timer problem (it happened also to me with older versions of Olivier de Smet's emulators).
It started blinking again after playing with it for a short while. Not easy to reproduce, very intermittent. Maybe linked to the intermittent clock problem on emu48 ?

Cheers
12-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Strange… I tested it again and created a calculator as described in the readme.

Quote:- By default when you create a new HP49/50 with the embedded readonly file "rom.49g",
everything that you store in port 2 is lost just because the file "rom.49g" is READONLY.
But it works exactly like with Windows. If you can write in the ROM file,
it should save the content of port 2 in the ROM file with Android too.
To save the port 2 in the HP49/50 with Emu48 for Android:
* copy "real50g-lc.kml", "real50g-lc.png", "keyb4950.kmi", "rom.49g" in a FOLDER of your Android device,
* in the menu:
- touch "New..." to create a new device
- or touch "Change KML Script..." to change the current KML script and ROM location
* select "[Custom KML script...]"
* select the FOLDER
* pick the calculator (which should be "Eric's Real 50g (Large Cropped)")!
And because, the file "FOLDER/rom.49g" is not readonly anymore, you can save your port 2.
BUT for the moment, it is saved ONLY when you CLOSE (or change) the state file. Not when you end the application.

And storing objects in port 2 of HP 49/50 works! Not sure if I just made a mistake last time or if you've changed something, but now it works.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2020, 02:10 PM
Yes, I just made a new BETA version of Emu48 for Android version 1.8(beta(3)) in the Play Store (available from here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org...orty.eight).

The settings are now saved in the state.e48 file. Which means that we can now automatically attached a different memory card for each state files.

It is now possible to render a more realistic pixel. But due to the difference in screen resolution between Android and the calculator, the pixels are not necessarily uniform in size.
Sometimes, pixels are 4x4 or 4x3 or 3x4, so it is not perfect.

If everything is OK, I hope to release the official version this week.

Note: Loading the Smart Charlemagne faceplates (from Giuseppe Donnini https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14...25336.html)
is slow because the PNG images are big (in resolution) and slow to uncompress.
Changing the PNG file to BMP (3MB -> 22MB) allows to start Emu48 quite instantly.

@SammysHP I'm glad it works.
@Vincent Weber I identify a kind of deadlock when taping a key on the keyboard, may be it is that. I do what I can, but there are still bugs :-( , Emu42 will comes soon too.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-17-2020, 02:13 PM
Thanks a lot Régis ! Keep up the good work !
Btw any news for Emu71 and Emu28 ?
Cheers
Vincent
05-31-2020, 01:14 AM
Hi Régis,

Thanks for the emu48. I really like it and use it frequently.

After installation on a galaxy s10+ I tried to find out the rom version of the 48Sx. It is version E.
The latest version for the 48SX is J.

I tried to find the directory on the phone, but could not locate the directory with the rom file (by pluggin it into a windows 10 computer).
Any idea how to get emu48 to use the latest rom version?

I also liked the faceplates from Guiseppe. Any idea how to get them (I could not find any download link in his posts) and howto install them?

Cheers,
Nick
05-31-2020, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2020 08:55 PM by Giuseppe Donnini.)
Hello Mr. Yellow,

The download link as well as very detailed instructions on how to install the whole package (or only part of it) can be found on the second page of my article under "VI. Setup Instructions", see here: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14...#pid125337

In view of the success of Smart Charlemagne, I will have to put a link on top of the first page, I guess.

If you have any further questions, just drop me a PM.
05-31-2020, 05:56 PM
Many thanks Giuseppe,

I must have been blind...

I put the files in a separate directory with some roms files and use it with the lastest emu program.

It works.

I'm very happy.

Thanks,

Nick
05-31-2020, 06:43 PM
Glad to hear! And thanks to your feedback I've now given the download link a more prominent place: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14...#pid125336
05-31-2020, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2020 09:39 PM by compsystems.)
A small error, when simulating the pixel grid, the current pixel color fades, I think you should keep the pixel color ON and not lighten it.

Observing how the pockemul simulator LCD https://pockemul.com/OL/PockEmul.html

[Image: wasm-1-1024x555.jpg]

it can be replicated in emu48. to improve the simulation of the emu48 LCD, that is, it is noted that on a real calculator screen the pixels are separated and not together on other words, a grid is noted (emu 48 android already incorporated this feature) in addition to an LCD of calculator there are three colors

1 background: LCD color where there is no pixel

2 pixel off: it is the color pixel when the pixel is inactive, it does not mean that it is the same color as the background

3 pixel on: is the color of pixel when the pixel is active.

Currently emu48 only controls the Pixel ON by increasing or decreasing the contrast, in addition to being able to separate the screen from the keyboard to enlarge or decrease each part, as the following simulator does
https://ti89-simulator.org/

and why not an emu48 online version
06-10-2020, 03:36 PM
News: m48 A native port of Emu48 for the iPhone. In source code form only, requiring you to be an iOS developer to install on your phone

More info.
https://www.hpcalc.org/details/9183
10-30-2020, 06:53 PM
(10-30-2020 02:46 PM)compsystems Wrote:  - For the HP49/50 port 2, it is now possible to load a new Flash ROM file (It fully replaces the ROM)..

Do you mean it will be possible to save objects in Port 2?
10-30-2020, 08:17 PM
(10-30-2020 06:53 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  
(10-30-2020 02:46 PM)compsystems Wrote:  - For the HP49/50 port 2, it is now possible to load a new Flash ROM file (It fully replaces the ROM)..

Do you mean it will be possible to save objects in Port 2?

That was possible with the right setup all the time. Now there will be a way to easily switch the flash/ROM file.

What about Android 11 and the new storage framework? That causes lots of trouble for many apps accessing the filesystem.
10-31-2020, 01:28 PM
(10-30-2020 08:17 PM)SammysHP Wrote:  
(10-30-2020 06:53 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  Do you mean it will be possible to save objects in Port 2?

That was possible with the right setup all the time. Now there will be a way to easily switch the flash/ROM file.

What about Android 11 and the new storage framework? That causes lots of trouble for many apps accessing the filesystem.
I was never able to make it work.
Can you explain the right procedure, pls?
I am using android 9 on Honor 7x.
Thank yoy
10-31-2020, 08:36 PM
It is explained in the readme:

Quote: To save the port 2 in the HP49/50 with Emu48 for Android:
* copy "real50g-lc.kml", "real50g-lc.png", "keyb4950.kmi", "rom.49g" in a FOLDER of your Android device,
* in the menu:
- touch "New..." to create a new device
- or touch "Change KML Script..." to change the current KML script and ROM location
* select "[Custom KML script...]"
* select the FOLDER
* pick the calculator (which should be "Eric's Real 50g (Large Cropped)")!
And because, the file "FOLDER/rom.49g" is not readonly anymore, you can save your port 2.
BUT for the moment, it is saved ONLY when you CLOSE (or change) the state file. Not when you end the application.

The important step is "select the FOLDER". It won't work if you select the file itself.
11-01-2020, 08:22 PM
(10-31-2020 08:36 PM)SammysHP Wrote:  The important step is "select the FOLDER". It won't work if you select the file itself.
I found the problem.
I was using the 2.15 Rom downloaded from hpcalc.org, directly copied from my windows Emu48 HP50 emulation.
Apart the obvious difference (2.15 vs 2.10), there is any patch applied to the rom provided with Android version or also 2.15 is expected to work as well?
11-19-2020, 09:00 PM
Confirmed. Just downloaded from Google Play.
03-26-2021, 01:57 AM
(03-24-2021 03:43 PM)compsystems Wrote:  coming soon serial port support (via USB )

OMG Am so excited for this I have many programs that use the serial port and have been unable to use them on the emulators. I can help test if you need any testers. Also wondering if it will work over bluetooth. I have a bluetooth receiver that works with windows to talk rs232 with hp48sx.

Thanks so much for your work on this excellent emulator version for android.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)