emu48 now for android-OS
05-05-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: emu48 now for android-OS
For horizontal swipe of the clamshell models in portrait mode, it would be great if that only flipped the keyboard section, leaving the LCD section alone, but perhaps it would be hard to express that functionality in the KML file.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2019, 07:39 AM
(05-05-2019 05:18 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  Really thanks for port EMU42 to Android!

But I have to report that I can't turn the calculators on (I have the roms).

The ROMs are being loaded normally.

I'm using Android 7.

I don't know if it is a bug or me!

Thanks again.

Cheers

JL

I'm sorry to hear that it does not work for you. It is weird because once you have created a new calculator, you should see a message about the memory. What is your KML files and ROM? Is the issue with all the ROMs?

(05-05-2019 05:30 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Thanks a lot Regis for this !
Indeed horizontal swipe could be the way Smile

Btw, some time ago I reported to you a clock sync issue on the 48SX for emu48, anything that could be done ?

Thanks and cheers

There are still 2 important issues: this clock sync issue and the "busy" annunciator which gets stuck sometimes. This is in the TODO list. I hope it is a timers issue that I could fix.
05-06-2019, 01:43 PM
(05-05-2019 05:18 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  Really thanks for port EMU42 to Android!

But I have to report that I can't turn the calculators on (I have the roms).

The ROMs are being loaded normally.

I'm using Android 7.

I don't know if it is a bug or me!

Thanks again.

Cheers

JL

Do your ROMs work in the Windows version? They can be checked with the LEWISCRC.EXE program included with the Windows version.

— Ian Abbott
05-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Emu42 looks like a great start! So far I've noticed only a couple things to comment on. First, when testing with my "Real Calcs" skins the colors around the display seem a bit off on the 32SII and 17B, plus I think there is something wrong with the annunciator display on the 32SII. But the 14B, 17BII, 19BII, 27S, 28S, and 42S seem fine.

Second, it would be nice if we could rotate the phone to use the calculators in landscape mode, especially for the 19BII and 28S.

This is what the 32SII looks like for me, for example:

[Image: V2aHKPl.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Once I had the digits upside down on the 27. Don't how I got there...
I really need to make myself a 32sii KML. This is my favourite calc and Eric's one looks good.
Thanks for the hard work.
05-07-2019, 10:48 AM
(05-06-2019 07:51 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  Emu42 looks like a great start! So far I've noticed only a couple things to comment on. First, when testing with my "Real Calcs" skins the colors around the display seem a bit off on the 32SII and 17B, plus I think there is something wrong with the annunciator display on the 32SII. But the 14B, 17BII, 19BII, 27S, 28S, and 42S seem fine.

Second, it would be nice if we could rotate the phone to use the calculators in landscape mode, especially for the 19BII and 28S.

This is what the 32SII looks like for me, for example:

[Image: V2aHKPl.jpg]
In addition to the colors there are annunciators problems on both 14B and 32SII. In an earlier post in response to mine, Regis said that it is a bug in his Win32 layer rather than in your scripts.

There is a small bug in your 14B script, still - the annunciator "BEGIN" is not done properly, it is copied from the 32SII right arrow instead Smile

The screen can actually rotate, you can use the "allow screen rotation" option. Still the 19BII or 28S are either super small or hugely deformed on a phone. There is a real need to toggle the views between the 2 keyboards.

Cheers
05-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Due to the form factor I think a tablet is necessary to use the 28S or 19BII. Even with the higher resolution screens on newer phones one would need a stylus and magnifying glass to use the clamshell model calcs.
05-07-2019, 02:34 PM
(05-07-2019 12:52 PM)John Keith Wrote:  Due to the form factor I think a tablet is necessary to use the 28S or 19BII. Even with the higher resolution screens on newer phones one would need a stylus and magnifying glass to use the clamshell model calcs.

Actually, after rotating the phone, I can see the 28S and 19BII just fine on my 3-year-old Galaxy S7 Edge, and I can use it just fine with my fingers. And newer phones, with even bigger screens, should make it even easier (mine is "only" 5.5 inches).

The ability to turn off the notification bar to get a little more height would make it even better, though, so that would be a nice enhancement.
05-07-2019, 02:40 PM
(05-07-2019 10:48 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  There is a small bug in your 14B script, still - the annunciator "BEGIN" is not done properly, it is copied from the 32SII right arrow instead Smile

The screen can actually rotate, you can use the "allow screen rotation" option. Still the 19BII or 28S are either super small or hugely deformed on a phone. There is a real need to toggle the views between the 2 keyboards.

Thank you! I can't believe I forgot about rotation.

I do plan to make updated versions of the "real" images for Emu42, though I have a bit too much other stuff going on right now. Maybe in a month or so. I plan to make higher resolution versions that look better on the phone and also fix bugs like you reported.

Since I published the scripts over 1.5 years ago, not a single person said anything to me about them until now, so I assumed nobody was using them, which is why I previously had no incentive to improve them.
05-07-2019, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2019 09:16 PM by aamiel.)
Eric, thanks for your scripts. I have now that 32sii on my phone. I wasn't using your scripts as I hardly use a computer anymore.

Now for an other bug, on the 32sii, the decimal dots don't turn off.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)