TI59 -Powering with a regulated 5vdc
02-26-2019, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2019 12:42 AM by Jlouis.)
TI59 -Powering with a regulated 5vdc
I read in this site here that we can power a TI-59 with a regulated 5VDC, without the battery pack.

As I have this regulated source, I tested in mine 59 and it worked, but sometimes it became intermittently erratic.

I know the calculator have a regulator circuit to charge the battery and adapt to a certain voltage and this led me to question if this already regulated and rectified voltage can damage anyway the calculator circuit.

Edit: my regulated power source is up to 5A.

I thank you in advance for whatever enlightenment in this subject.

Cheers

JL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2019, 01:32 AM
RE: TI59 -Powering with a regulated 5vdc
Even though the supply is regulated, you may be getting some ripple in the output. You can try putting a bypass capacitor across the output. Something in the 10s of microfarads should work fine.
03-01-2019, 11:59 PM
(03-01-2019 01:32 AM)budmur Wrote:  Even though the supply is regulated, you may be getting some ripple in the output. You can try putting a bypass capacitor across the output. Something in the 10s of microfarads should work fine.

That's a good idea!

Thanks

JL
03-02-2019, 08:47 PM
(03-01-2019 01:32 AM)budmur Wrote:  Even though the supply is regulated, you may be getting some ripple in the output. You can try putting a bypass capacitor across the output. Something in the 10s of microfarads should work fine.

It worked!

Really thanks!

Best Regards

JL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)