new Exact Arithmetic mode
02-03-2019, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2021 06:57 PM by compsystems.)
new Exact Arithmetic mode
/!\ built in firmware 2021

Hello

The new firmware of the Ti-nspire series, offers a third mode: the Exact Arithmetic mode, I think that this characteristic is essential in the numeric mode of the hp-prime without entering the CAS mode or without pressing the [a b/c] key

[Image: tV3TZBGt.png]

Also numworks has an important feature is that it shows the result in approximate and exact form
sqrt(24) [enter] 2*sqrt(6) ~= 4.898979...

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-04-07-at-4.20.36-PM.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2019, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2019 02:24 PM by informach.)
RE: new Exact Arithmetic mode
Hi!, compsystems :
With the HP PRIME, you too can obtein, but in aproximate mode with (a b/c).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-03-2019, 09:51 PM
(02-03-2019 01:57 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Hello

The new firmware of the Ti-nspire series, offers a third mode: the Exact Arithmetic mode, I think that this characteristic is essential in the numeric mode of the hp-prime without entering the CAS mode

Hasn't the NSpire CAS always offered a choice between "Auto", "Exact", and "Approximate" calculation mode? But your screenshot looks different. Which version is that taken from?

Quote:Also numworks has an important feature is that it shows the result in approximate and exact form, (good point to clone)

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-04-07-at-4.20.36-PM.png]

It does seem to get better. It was quite poor in some areas when it first came out, but that looks like a nice feature!

— Ian Abbott
02-04-2019, 08:12 AM
(02-03-2019 09:51 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  
(02-03-2019 01:57 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Hello

The new firmware of the Ti-nspire series, offers a third mode: the Exact Arithmetic mode, I think that this characteristic is essential in the numeric mode of the hp-prime without entering the CAS mode

Hasn't the NSpire CAS always offered a choice between "Auto", "Exact", and "Approximate" calculation mode? But your screenshot looks different. Which version is that taken from?

The new firmware (probably v5.0.0.0, a major release) is not out yet … it'll be out along with the new CX II (approximately at March 2019) and … frankly I'm not sure that will be more or less compatible with the "old" CX … let's wait and see Wink
Best,

Aries Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)