Does Prime Check for Correct Firmware Version?
01-28-2019, 03:04 AM
Does Prime Check for Correct Firmware Version?
Now that there are two versions of Prime firmware (G2 and non-G2) I'd like to know if there's a check preventing the wrong version from being installed. Is it possible to install the non-G2 version on a G2 or vice-versa? If so what will happen? Will it be reversible? If not, what message is displayed if I mix them up by accident? I have four Primes, three non-G2 and one G2 and I'd like to make sure I don't screw them up!

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2019, 06:03 AM
RE: Does Prime Check for Correct Firmware Version?
Hello,

There is no risks of installing the G1 FW on the G2 calculator as G2 will preform thorough file format checking both on the PC and the calculator before programming the file in flash.

G1 is less "picky", but I still don't see how you could mix things unless you deliberately override sub files in the update directories.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
01-28-2019, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2019 11:16 AM by toml_12953.)
RE: Does Prime Check for Correct Firmware Version?
(01-28-2019 06:03 AM)cyrille de brĂ©bisson Wrote:  G1 is less "picky", but I still don't see how you could mix things unless you deliberately override sub files in the update directories.

Cyrille

You don't know me! Murphy's Law says that if anything can go wrong, it will. With me, Even when NOTHING can go wrong, it will! Big Grin

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)