[41CL] image AMC-OSX
04-28-2014, 09:14 AM
[41CL] image AMC-OSX
Hi !
I'm a new Belgian user (so excuse my poor english) of the 41CL and I'm very happy (Tx Monte !)

I have a question : if I PLUG the image of AMC-OSX (AOSX, in 0x092) : I get [CCD"OS/X] (with image of CCD OS/X (CCDX, in 0x087) I get [CCD OS/X]).

But I was hoping to get the same described by Angel Martin here : http://www.*****/LibView.cfm?Command=View&ItemID=1168

What's wrong ?

Another question : I use a IR module 82242A (with printer 82240A) (or a 82413A printer) and a HP-IL 82160A (with digital cassette 82161A (switch HPIL Disabled, obviously)). But I like the Power CL Utilities (PWRL, in 0x114)... wich requires the library #4... but the HPIL with switch DISABLE conflicts in the page 4. So when I use the digital cassette, I must before unplug the IR module then switch HPIL on ENABLE. Not very practical !

Is another module like Power CL but wich don't requires library #4 ???

Many tx to all, especially Monte and Angel for the work !

Thierry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: [41CL] image AMC-OSX
(04-28-2014 09:14 AM)ThRo Wrote:  I have a question : if I PLUG the image of AMC-OSX (AOSX, in 0x092) : I get [CCD"OS/X] (with image of CCD OS/X (CCDX, in 0x087) I get [CCD OS/X]).

But I was hoping to get the same described by Angel Martin here : http://www.*****/LibView.cfm?Command=View&ItemID=1168

your link doesn't work, but i can see you're using two different ROM images - done by different people at different times.

1. The CCD_OSX located at 0x807 is Raymond's extract of the CCD Module into a 4k module, including the OS/Extensions and a few more utilities.

2. The AMC_OSX located at 0x092 was my later version of the same, adding a few tweaks and some changes to the functionality.

There is also a newer version of the AMC_OSX located at 0x168 to 0x16A, page-switched but using the Library#4 as well - it's called the "OSX3" in the ROM library.

(04-28-2014 09:14 AM)ThRo Wrote:  Is another module like Power CL but wich don't requires library #4 ???

Well yes, there *is* one: the CL_Utils at 0x065 - it was made a few moons ago but I never bothered to update it after moving to the Library#4 version. - It lacks much of the current functionallity, and it made no sense to maintain both code streams - sorry about that.

Cheers,
ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it apply."
04-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Hi Ángel !

I don't use the two image at the same time : I was looking for the wich you described on the Warren Furlow's site in [http:// www. hp 41. org/ LibView. cfm? Command = View& ItemID= 1168] (remove all blank - Hope this time link work ! Otherwise replace "*****" with "*****" in the first post), but the AMC_OSX at 0x092 don't give the same functions you described in this pdf ??? OSX3 does ? I'll try this...

I 'll also try CL_utils (CLUT) instead of PWRL, but I don't see any documentation... I try to understand how it work !

Tx !

Thierry.
04-28-2014, 10:17 AM
(04-28-2014 10:00 AM)ThRo Wrote:  Hi Ángel !

I don't use the two image at the same time : I was looking for the wich you described on the Warren Furlow's site in [http:// www. hp 41. org/ LibView. cfm? Command = View& ItemID= 1168] (remove all blank - Hope this time link work ! Otherwise replace "*****" with "*****" in the first post), but the AMC_OSX at 0x092 don't give the same functions you described in this pdf ??? OSX3 does ? I'll try this...

I 'll also try CL_utils (CLUT) instead of PWRL, but I don't see any documentation... I try to understand how it work !

Tx !

Thierry.

Hi, long story short: links to TOS (the site you referred to) are disabled.

Welcome!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2014, 10:58 AM
(04-28-2014 10:00 AM)ThRo Wrote:  I don't use the two image at the same time : I was looking for the wich you described on the Warren Furlow's site in [http:// www. hp 41. org/ LibView. cfm? Command = View& ItemID= 1168] (remove all blank - Hope this time link work ! Otherwise replace "*****" with "*****" in the first post), but the AMC_OSX at 0x092 don't give the same functions you described in this pdf ??? OSX3 does ? I'll try this...

If you mean this one: http://hp41.claughan.com/file/AMMC_OSX%20Manual.pdf

then yes, it is for the OSX/3 version - a much improved one, although also using the Library#4.

Cheers,
ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it apply."
04-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Hi !

Yes, I referred to that ! Strange, all links on the Warren's site are working for me... (I also have the DVD).

And now, I see [AMC"OS/X] in the bank 9 in wich I plug the image OSX3 : perfect, I'll try and now enjoy ! (I must simply unplug my HPIL 82160A, this is not so bad since I don't use it every day).

I discovered your work, wich is fantastic ! I use a HP41 daily since 1981, and now I've 9 "true" HP41 (C,CV,CX, half and fullnut), many modules, many peripherals and accessories... and one 41CL ! I plan now to buy the PilBox of JF Garnier...

If I have other questions, you'll see me again !.......

Tx all !
04-28-2014, 01:05 PM
(04-28-2014 12:49 PM)ThRo Wrote:  Hi !
I've 9 "true" HP41 (C,CV,CX, half and fullnut), many modules, many peripherals and accessories... and one 41CL ! I plan now to buy the PilBox of JF Garnier...

Welcome to the 41 Club, fellow! Wink

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)