hp48G & Connecting to PC
05-02-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: hp48G & Connecting to PC
Nope failed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 11:14 PM
(05-02-2014 01:01 PM)Han Wrote:  The GX _does_ come with XMODEM built in, but not an XMODEM _server_ -- something required for connecting with Conn4x...

Han:

Yes, you are correct of course, I was careless and should have stated no server built in, sorry if that was misleading. I think John wants to use server mode so he can control transfers from CK4 without having to juggle both ends of the conversation.

John:

The XMODEM library downloads much quicker than 2 minutes, so something else must be going on. Which cable are you using to connect to the 48GX?

--Bob Prosperi
05-02-2014, 11:43 PM
This one:

http://myteknovo.com/

Rec'd here on this forum
05-03-2014, 12:24 AM
(05-02-2014 11:43 PM)John W Kercheval Wrote:  This one:

http://myteknovo.com/

Rec'd here on this forum

Nothing at that website, but I assume you bought one of their USB/48GX cables from this company on eBay? I know these work as I used one and had no trouble with it (right now, I have orig HP Serial cable connected on my current PC).

This cable came with USB drivers; did you install them?

What version of Windows are you using?

Assuming the drivers are installed, when you connect/disconnect the cable from the USB port, does windows acknowledge it (e.g. by beeping or you could look at the Device Manager)?

If the USB drivers aren't working right, it will never talk to the 48GX at all.

--Bob Prosperi
05-03-2014, 10:03 AM
FIXED!

Device driver issue!

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!
11-28-2018, 04:59 AM
This worked to install XSERV on a 48 G+, after storing the library named 'X' to port 0, and I am able to access the library and run Xmodem Server, can I delete 'X' from {HOME} ?

Try CC41!
11-28-2018, 01:22 PM
(11-28-2018 04:59 AM)Craig Bladow Wrote:  This worked to install XSERV on a 48 G+, after storing the library named 'X' to port 0, and I am able to access the library and run Xmodem Server, can I delete 'X' from {HOME} ?

Yes. Once any library is working in Port 0, the copy of it in Home is unneeded and may be purged.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)