Calculator Design Series #2
11-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Calculator Design Series #2
While reviewing my library for HP-65 Programmable Calculator material(s), I ‘rediscovered’ Calculator Design Series #2, Hydraulic Design of Improved Inlets for Culverts using programmable calculators HP-65 (1980 OCT) 147 pages. The publication includes 20 programs with examples, equations, limitations etc. An extract from the INTRODUCTION …

The programmable calculator as a culvert designing tool offers many desirable features. Compared with the hand method, the calculator is more accurate, less time consuming, and eliminates all searching through charts and nomographs. In one quarter of the time it takes to design one culverts by hand, the designer could use the calculator to design the culvert, checking four or five different sizes to find the best one, while also evaluating several inlet configurations including both side- and slope-tapered inlets.

My efforts to locate a web repository are ineffective, so I intend to scan and submit the publication for inclusion in the museum document sets (flash drive-CD-archives): until then, any requests to post one of the twenty programs to the forums HP-65/67/97 Software Library?

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)