04-26-2014, 08:55 PM
NOS HP-67
Just acquired a NOS HP-67. Always wanted one. Will enjoy playing with it. JK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: NOS HP-67
Congrats for the NOS HP-67:-)

I'd recommend not to use the card reader until the transport wheel has been renewed, except it has been renewed already, of course.

If the card reader has not been serviced so far, and you use it, the rubber wheel will definitely decompose in very short time, and the sticky remains will contaminate the transport mechanism.

-- Ray
04-26-2014, 10:32 PM
The card reader has been totally rebuilt.
04-27-2014, 01:43 AM
That's great news. Have fun with your new toy:-)

-- Ray
04-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Congrats! It's a super nice device that has it all.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
04-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Congrats! A fantastic kid to have, take care of and play with!
04-28-2014, 12:31 AM
I'd be interested in the story of how you came to find and purchase an NOS HP-67. I spend a little time occasionally browsing Craigslist, and digging through thrift shops in the hope of finding someone's cast off HP calculator. I'm not sure if I could keep from fainting if I found such an item. Can you tell us the story?
04-28-2014, 10:32 AM
(04-26-2014 08:55 PM)John W Kercheval Wrote:  Just acquired a NOS HP-67. Always wanted one. Will enjoy playing with it. JK

Just a stupid question, but what does "NOS" refer to?
04-28-2014, 10:52 AM
New Old Stock

In practice it means something that never got sold and was lost track of or packed away somewhere. When it gets found again it's NOS.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
04-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Curiious though, with items like these, even Classics, Woidstocks and Spice/Spike calcs, wouldn't there be the possibility of battery oxidation since these calcs had the packs installed?
04-29-2014, 04:37 AM
(04-28-2014 10:32 AM)kusmi Wrote:  Just a stupid question, but what does "NOS" refer to?

"New - Old Stock."

Unopened retail boxes, for example.

Regards,
Howard
04-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Congratulations!!! It is really a good new!

I have a similar history. I found a NOS hp67 in Spain. It belonged to El corte Ingles...this is a big shopping stores chain, like I would say Harrods, but with one or more magazines in every important city in Spain and Portugal. It was impressive, never used, with the box, papers (in Spanish), magnetic cards, etc...I had to repair the gummy wheel, and the motor axis...in my opinion it could be returned and not sold, consiedered as defective, because the motor axis was broken.

I bought this togheter with a TI-52 and a TI-59, both NOS (what a work to repair the TI52 card reader!!)... one of the greatest founds in my life of collector...the price was ridiculous (around 120 USD for the whole lot)

Well this was the history.

Kind regards!

Ignacio
04-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Congratulations ! sure you'll enjoy the real feel of keys being pressed and depressed and the rumble of your printer.

I happen to have one that is absolutely mint, and have never dared to replace the wheel that I reckon to be gummy after all these years. Anyone on the forum located in Europe and wheeling (ha ha ha) to do that for me, happy to compensate costs and time ?

Thanks and best regards,

Thibaut

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)