RPL and RPL -II
04-26-2014, 07:14 PM
RPL and RPL -II
Hello all.

First off, has there been any further development of RPL-II in the past say six months to take notice of? With the history set forth from 28C days to the 50G, it seems to me that RPL is powerful, versatile and robust enough to warrant further usage in new HP calcs.

I would even go so far as to say that I could see RPL as an underpinning for some other HP scientifics and even non-graphing scientifics. Forgive me if this is already the case.

Furthermore, is RPL or RPL-II complete enough to deem it an OS like Web/PalmOS which could be a new calculator development system?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: RPL and RPL -II
I'm so out of touch, I had to duckduckgo* RPL-II to find out what it is. According to http://www.rpl2.net/telechargements.php , the latest stable release was 3 days ago. If that's not active I don't know what is.

R.

* A search engine that doesn't spy on you.
04-26-2014, 11:22 PM
This is good news. Thanks for the redirct to the actual RPL development/info site.
04-27-2014, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 08:05 PM by Thomas Klemm.)
Are you interested in RPL/2 on a Raspberry Pi?
Cheers
Thomas
04-27-2014, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 07:26 PM by Matt Agajanian.)
Ne nee nee nee.
Ne nee nee nee.
(Sung to 'Twilight Zone' theme)

Never having seen those threads, how ironic it is that Message #8 Posted by Gilles Carpentier in Message #51 raised the prospect of RPL-II. In any case, thanks for that link--a very fascinating train of thoughts and brilliant ideas.
04-27-2014, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 08:39 PM by Bill (Smithville NJ).)
(04-26-2014 10:43 PM)r. pienne Wrote:  I'm so out of touch, I had to duckduckgo* RPL-II to find out what it is. According to http://www.rpl2.net/telechargements.php , the latest stable release was 3 days ago. If that's not active I don't know what is.

R.

Well, I tried Google "RPL-II" and came up with the following:

"Multiple forms of rat placental lactogen-II (rPL-II): purification and partial characterization of rPL-II."

and quickly realized that probably wasn't what Matt was looking for. But putting in "HP RPL-II" quickly came up with the correct page.

So now Google knows I searched for "rat placental lactogen", whatever the heck that is. I wonder what kind of Ads Google will try to feed to me?

Bill
04-27-2014, 08:47 PM
(04-27-2014 08:39 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  
(04-26-2014 10:43 PM)r. pienne Wrote:  I'm so out of touch, I had to duckduckgo* RPL-II to find out what it is. According to http://www.rpl2.net/telechargements.php , the latest stable release was 3 days ago. If that's not active I don't know what is.

R.

Well, I tried Google "RPL-II" and came up with the following:

"Multiple forms of rat placental lactogen-II (rPL-II): purification and partial characterization of rPL-II."

and quickly realized that probably wasn't what Matt was looking for. But putting in "HP RPL-II" quickly came up with the correct page.

So now Google knows I searched for "rat placental lactogen", whatever the heck that is. I wonder what kind of Ads Google will try to feed to me?

Bill

As Emily Littella says, "Oh! That's different! Never mind."

Thanks for going through the search gymnastics.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)