Prime Android emulator vs Calculator
04-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Prime Android emulator vs Calculator
Hey, I was thinking about buying an HP Prime calculator, but then found the Android emulator. Is there any functionality difference between the emulator and the actual calculator? Or advantages to the actual calculator? I think I would prefer to have the calculator rather than an emulator on my phone, but if it'll save me $150 and I get basically the same thing, I may just stick with the emulator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: Prime Android emulator vs Calculator
Most serious difference for me is this:

There is no way how to transfer programs from PC to android app. Still no signs if this functionality will be implemented.

Prime, 15C CE
04-19-2016, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2016 07:20 PM by informach.)
Hi!, all:

The HP PRIME GRAPHING EMULATOR, for Android, Apple or Windows, now you can adquire to minus price (U$D 5.95), from 4/29/2016 (see, attachment). Today, the Emulator have, the Software Version, is ... 2015 7 28 (8151); CAS Version 1.1.2-11. I purchase and install in my two (2) tablet's HP (HP Slate 7 2800-Android 4.1.1 and HP Slate 21 k-100, Android 4.4.2).

You can, copy programs, data, etc ... from and to, Emulator to, PC, across the SD or, microSD, in Android devices.

Kind Regards.
Maké.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-19-2016, 09:25 PM
(04-19-2016 07:18 PM)informach Wrote:  ...You can, copy programs...
You must make a new program on android emulator, then delete all default characters in it, then copy text from third party text editor and finally paste clipboard into program edit screen. Be sure you have compatible text editor otherwise your program doesn't pass syntax check.

This isn't "you can copy programs".

Prime, 15C CE
04-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Hi
Can you tell me what are the compatible text editors for android and PC, because I tried some but often get "syntax error" message?
04-20-2016, 11:29 AM
Hi!, kriki:

You can find in your device with Android any Text Editor (ASCII Characters) and from the emulator, with Copy Paste, create a file. Then you with Apk File Manager PRO, transfer to SD, FTP, or WLAN to PC.
04-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Hi!, kruki:

You can find in your device with Android any Text Editor (ASCII Characters) and from the emulator, with Copy Paste, create a file. Then you with Apk File Manager PRO, transfer to SD, FTP, or WLAN to PC.
06-01-2016, 10:39 PM
(04-20-2016 10:21 AM)kruki Wrote:  Hi
Can you tell me what are the compatible text editors for android and PC, because I tried some but often get "syntax error" message?
I don't know if you are still interested, but I found this text editor which works:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...t.edit.pro (paid)

They have free version too, but I didn't find a difference:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...msoft.edit

Prime, 15C CE
02-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Hello,
I installed the free HP Prime Android App. I also have the Calculator.
When I press Shift-Program on Prime-Android, only an exclamation mark appears for a second and that’s all.
Is there a way to create programs on the Prime-Android ?
Thanks !
Dr Z
02-25-2017, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 09:39 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
(02-25-2017 05:28 PM)zsoltvec Wrote:  Hello,
I installed the free HP Prime Android App. I also have the Calculator.
When I press Shift-Program on Prime-Android, only an exclamation mark appears for a second and that’s all.
Is there a way to create programs on the Prime-Android ?
Thanks !
Dr Z

Edited:
No it is not possible in the Android free version.

I understand the free version doesnt support a program catalogue, that is only in the Pro version.

This thread lists what the free version can and can't do:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-7439-page-2.html

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2017, 11:09 PM
(02-25-2017 05:28 PM)zsoltvec Wrote:  Is there a way to create programs on the Prime-Android ?
Thanks !
Dr Z

Sorry, programming is only possible on the paid app version.
03-03-2017, 10:29 AM
Thank you.
Does full Android version allow all features of the Calculator - excluding texte format problems ?
Does it worth the cost ?
Dr Z
03-03-2017, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 11:17 AM by EdDereDdE.)
(03-03-2017 10:29 AM)zsoltvec Wrote:  excluding texte format problems ?
What do you mean by that?

Well, it can do everything and is even more up-to-date than the hardware version.
And it is fast: for example, about 20 to 30 times faster on my SnapDragon 820 phone compared to the hardware calculator.
Best usability on screens from 5.5 inches onward or tablet is nice too.
Can connect via WiFi to the connection kit on the PC / Mac.

Anyway I love the hardware calculator for the tactile keyboard, which renders usage much easier anyway.
And battery lasts much longer: on phone the app is compute intense, therefore eats battery up relatively fast, like all those apps.
03-15-2017, 11:53 AM
I always use and prefer these 2 Android emulators:

*AMIDuOS: It is available in two versions
1- Jelly Bean: Cost $10
2- Lollipop: Costs $15

*Android Studio: It delivers group of tools to guide developers create applications & games particularly for Android

Carad
11-16-2018, 12:15 PM
The emulator is also much faster then my actual calc...On my budget Smartphone, a Samsung J3 2018 phone, the Emulator is about 63% faster than my actual Prime calculator. I imagine on faster phones the difference is even greater...
11-16-2018, 07:09 PM
(11-16-2018 12:15 PM)zeno333 Wrote:  The emulator is also much faster then my actual calc...On my budget Smartphone, a Samsung J3 2018 phone, the Emulator is about 63% faster than my actual Prime calculator. I imagine on faster phones the difference is even greater...

My xiaomi Mi Max 2 is about 2x as fast.
Pro Emulator

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)