04-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Poert-X-Tender for the 41s from EduCalc
I still use the famous Port-X-Tender with my capacitor change 2X speed 41CV

Anyone else have one of these beauties?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Poert-X-Tender for the 41s from EduCalc
I never did get one, but I have two double modules, so I can essentially have six modules plugged in at once, plus the stuff already built into the cx.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2014, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 01:01 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
Yep I have one but not really use it anymore.
It's functionality has been replaced by the Clonix-D/NoV-64 modules from Diego and by the 41CL boards (up to 50x speed) from Monte.
Sylvain
[edit: typos]
04-26-2014, 09:05 PM
(04-25-2014 11:48 PM)John W Kercheval Wrote:  I still use the famous Port-X-Tender with my capacitor change 2X speed 41CV

Had one I bought in the early 80's (I vividly recall we geeked out until very late in the evening at a PPC meeting the day I got it), and have used it off and on (mostly off) over the years. I just traded it after last year's HHC conference, towards an HP-25C, my first HP programmable. It was definitely old-school, compared to today's technologies, but I just loved the dip-switches to select ROMs, etc.

--Bob Prosperi
04-28-2014, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 02:03 AM by Jake Schwartz.)
Quote:I still use the famous Port-X-Tender with my capacitor change 2X speed 41CV

FWIW, I wrote the user manual and hand-drew all those pictures for the AME folks. It was a labor of love. For my efforts, I got one of their initial clear prototypes from the first run of plastic.

Jake

[Image: PortXTender1.JPG]
[Image: PortXTender2.JPG]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)