New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
01-24-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
(01-24-2019 04:28 PM)Benjer Wrote:  I'm having the same issue, as I mentioned earlier up above. Having used the calculator a lot since then, I have determined (like you) that the only common factor is that it occurs during or immediately after a key-press.

Like you, I've also tried various manners of rebooting/restarting, etc. I've taken to powering off/on frequently for the time being. I think the HP Prime is an excellent calculator otherwise so I'm very reluctant to give up on finding a solution.

Check out this thread:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-12210.html

Within it is a suggested list of actions to take which helped the OP.

I believe this is fixable for you. Good luck!

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2019, 10:06 PM
smp,

I believe I've tried these before, but for the sake of completeness I tried everything mentioned in that thread again.

Sometimes a day or two goes by before this error occurs, so I'll report back after some period of time.

Thanks for the suggestion.
01-31-2019, 05:23 AM
I don't know that anyone was keeping track or following along but just wanted to update since smp's post.

The issue hasn't resolved after applying the suggested fixes and while I can't be sure it's not just randomness at play, it seems to have increased in frequency as well.

In the meantime, shutting the calculator off immediately after performing an operation has now become the normal process to avoid losing data, although it will still sometimes reset on the first button-press.
01-31-2019, 09:32 PM
No you're not alone, I'm still getting resets as well. We seem to be in the minority, however.

I tried all of those 'fixes' before I even posted the first time...I thought I had made that clear enough. At this point I wonder if it could be a hardware issue like a bad connection, capacitor, battery, pcb short, etc...

I'm still in the return window for about another week. It would be nice to know if this is a verified issue in the latest firmware or if we're just totally anomalies.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)