New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
11-03-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
(11-02-2018 01:53 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  Although CAS calculates interval of sin(x) as an example, it crashes on the iPad if I integrate over a definite interval in CAS or Home. I went to the plot function and successfully plotted sin(x). When asking for signed area of an interval, it successfully colors in the selected area of interest, but when I confirm the selected area, it crashes!

This bug is even worse on my iPad Pro. Any attempt in CAS to take a definite or indefinite integral causes the application to crash.

How bad? Even evaluating \(\int x \: dx\) will kill the app.

My iPad Pro is running iOS 12.0.1.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2018, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 09:49 PM by Jacob Wall.)
I have no idea why, but the issue has corrected itself. The Pro calculator on the Pixel 2 once again appears and disappears from the Conn. Kit as the app is opened/closed. I will monitor this to see if there's a specific trigger that causes the same symptoms to happen again. At the moment I have no explanation why it happened consistently, then stopped happening.

On the plus side, I have not had a single instance of user data loss since the Beta, and now for the past few day or two with the new version 2.1.14181.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2018, 05:14 PM
(11-01-2018 06:25 PM)chromos Wrote:  
(11-01-2018 01:04 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I had a 32-bit version of ConnKit installed, and used 'Check for Updates' - It downloaded the update and installed it with no problems. But now when checking for updates, it detects the x64 version of ConnKit. So I tell it proceed, to update from x86 to x64. The x64 update downloads and starts, but then the installer halts with an error, saying another version is installed and I should correct the problem.

Same here. So I uninstalled x86 version and then x64 version installed properly.

I re-downloaded and tried running the x64 .exe file version installation over the x86 versions already installed. Same problem, setup errors with message stating another version installed, correct problem, etc. So no change here.

However I tried the same procedure using the x64 .msi file version, and this succeeded. It both installed the x64 ConnKit (w/no info loss) and properly removed the x86 version that was there before.

So, there is some subtle difference between the .exe and .msi versions of the x64 ConnKit installers.

Also, neither the ConnKit or the Prime Virtual Calculator programs report if they are x86 or x64 versions in their About... screens, and probably should. Of course one can tell by examining the installed path, but I'd presume the support folks would appreciate having that available from the About info. screen for less savvy users.

--Bob Prosperi
11-04-2018, 10:10 PM
Completely filled circles return!! Big Grin
App Geometry
Note: Before the small circles were more rounded, but I feel satisfied.jpg
[Image: giphy.gif]

Viga C | TD | FB
11-05-2018, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2018 01:33 AM by johnet123.)
I have an iPad, with iOS 11.4.1. Sadly, the following cause a crash in the CAS mode:

Lim
Integral
Product
Derivative
There may be others in other modes but I was too frustrated to find anymore.

Some of the above also crashes on my iPhone

I deleted the app and reloaded it but no joy.
11-05-2018, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2018 05:17 AM by Dirk.nl.)
Hello Johnet123,
I have the same with my iPad Air 1, IOS 12.1.
Pro App crashes:
In Home at polar_coordinates (var, var), not at polar_coordinates (val, val)
In CAS when I want to store a value in a variable.

I'm also a bit frustrated, the previous version crashed so often.
I am thinking about permanently removing the Pro App.
I have already sent an e-mail to calcbeta

Update Prime G2 went completely well! Thank you very much Tim and HP calculator team!

— Dirk Hartland
11-09-2018, 12:17 PM
With any command CAS(integral calculus for example) in my iPad (new version 2.114181) you get a CRASH. Same thing with any command CAS in Geometry (Num).
It was perfect with the old version (1.4.1).

Why we paid 27€ for that (Geometry with CAS is the +). Te "Lite" version is free.

What do you think Tim ?
11-11-2018, 09:49 PM
(11-03-2018 08:00 PM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  I have no idea why, but the issue has corrected itself. The Pro calculator on the Pixel 2 once again appears and disappears from the Conn. Kit as the app is opened/closed. I will monitor this to see if there's a specific trigger that causes the same symptoms to happen again. At the moment I have no explanation why it happened consistently, then stopped happening.

I believe I have found the so-called 'trigger'. If the Windows Virtual Prime is open and the Connectivity Kit is open while trying to connect Android, something happens that requires a restart of the Android to be able to connect.
- As long as the Virtual Prime is running, only a single connect from the Android Prime will be successful. Close the Android app, then re-open the app and re-connect is no longer possible. Reboot Android and re-connect is again possible (only once).
- Close Windows Virtual Prime and reboot Android, full functionality is restored.

On a similar note, I noticed the following:
- If Windows Virtual Prime is running while connecting HP Prime real calculator with USB, very flaky behavior is 'often' encountered. I am seeing the Application Library only sometimes populates under this scenario. When USB calculator is the only connected device, then I 'rarely' have these issues.

In short, there are some issues around having multiple calculators connected to the Connectivity Kit at the same time.

Jacob
11-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Two issues:

1. My iPhone and iPad apps updated but data lost. Copied apps and programs over without any difficulty except for Han’s SVD2 program. Always creates a new program template and crashes. No problem with macOS version or physical calculator.

2. Can’t add a circle in Geometry app in iOS version. Add other elements without difficulty but adding a circle. Works fine in macOS version. Don’t have physical calculator with me to test.

Thanks!
11-12-2018, 07:29 PM
I've been experiencing an issue since the update to the latest firmware on my hw prime (not exactly sure which version. It's not the newest version, but it has the updated button colors).

My calculator will randomly reboot from time to time. I can usually count on it occuring once or twice each session of use. As far as I can tell it only happens at the home screen (not in CAS mode or in any app screen) and seems to be affected by the use of parentheses key (but this might just be coincidental). The calculator will reboot and all data entered since it was turned on will be lost. I've tried reproducing it but haven't been successful. At least once I think it occurred at least a second after the last keypress. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful. Thanks.
11-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Hi Benjer,

I just experienced the same thing: the Prime (HW C) reset out of nowhere while I was doing simple calculations in HOME (was not using parenthesis). As you, I lost all of my calculations since the previous time I used the calculator. This is in the latest 14181 version. I had the "Triangle Solver" app opened at the time. This is the first time I can remember it happening, and generally use the Prime on a daily basis for a short while.
11-15-2018, 12:05 AM
There is a bug when using the single quotation mark ''
There is a bug when using the single quotation mark for ex.
PRGM(quote((x+y)/(x-y)).+"") after the first execution it leaves in history
PRGM( x+y )
('---'.+"" )
( x-y )
When you copy the above back on the execution line and try to execute it again it gives "Error:Syntax Error" because it moves the right single quotation below the dividing line. When you move the right quot. mark one level up, to the dividing line, the program exec. OK. I think this bug should be fixed very soon because moving the qout. mark each time you want to exec. the prgm. copied from the hist. on the exec. line is very inconvenient.
11-15-2018, 08:14 PM
(11-13-2018 03:27 PM)swagner53 Wrote:  Hi Benjer,

I just experienced the same thing: the Prime (HW C) reset out of nowhere while I was doing simple calculations in HOME (was not using parenthesis). As you, I lost all of my calculations since the previous time I used the calculator. This is in the latest 14181 version. I had the "Triangle Solver" app opened at the time. This is the first time I can remember it happening, and generally use the Prime on a daily basis for a short while.

I've can confirm having this happen without the parentheses key too. I've had it happen during entry and after entry, still haven't had it happen in CAS. I've had it occur while the solver and function apps were in the title bar.

I tried doing the procedure described in this post but the error still occurs. I may try downgrading to the earlier version soon.
12-27-2018, 02:11 AM
Hello!
I just realized my program SKL 4.1b (http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3861.html) got broken when trying to run it on Firmware 14181. I don't understand why it used to work fine on FW 13865 and now returns variables names instead of numbers as a result.

I Just wanted to let you guys know this.

Thank you.

Spybot.
12-27-2018, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2018 04:22 AM by Jacob Wall.)
(12-27-2018 02:11 AM)Spybot Wrote:  Hello!
I just realized my program SKL 4.1b (http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3861.html) got broken when trying to run it on Firmware 14181. I don't understand why it used to work fine on FW 13865 and now returns variables names instead of numbers as a result.

I Just wanted to let you guys know this.

Thank you.

I had a quick look at your code, and I'm surprised it worked before since I always assumed that concatenating strings required all objects to be strings.

Instead of this
Code:
PRINT("
  Vertical line!
  The distance between these 
  Points is: "+r+"
");

Convert variable 'r' to a string like
Code:
PRINT("
  Vertical line!
  The distance between these 
  Points is: "+STRING(r)+"
");

You can look at the help for the STRING command for formatting options that are available.
12-27-2018, 04:25 PM
That is correct Jacob, but since my code is around 6k lines, I don't want to do such a titanic homework, or maybe I will... but in the meantime, I hope Tim and Parisse realize about this issue.

Spybot.
12-28-2018, 12:01 PM
(12-27-2018 03:56 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  I had a quick look at your code, and I'm surprised it worked before since I always assumed that concatenating strings required all objects to be strings.
HP PPL was always of weak typing, it is possible to operate different types waiting for implicit conversions or interpretations to be made as in the case of matrices. I detailed this behavior in an article: (Spanish) - HP Prime - Operando tipos diferentes

(12-27-2018 03:56 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  You can look at the help for the STRING command for formatting options that are available.
STRING is used to format the final string, for now focused on the number conversion format. You can do without this command if you do not give a different format to the current setting of system

Viga C | TD | FB
12-29-2018, 09:32 AM
I have noticed a change in the Home/CAS interaction, I try to decipher it but I have not succeeded. Previously I did recognize the interaction pattern.
For example I want to do this in HP PPL for mat=[[1,2],[3,x]], assuming that mat is entered from the CAS.

lname(mat) → {} Sad
CAS.lname(mat) → {mat} Sad
CAS("lname(mat)") → {mat} Sad
Expected value → {x}

type(mat) → 6 Sad
CAS.type(mat) → 6 Sad
CAS("type(mat)") → 6 Sad
Expected value → 7:DOM_LIST

I have not tried with functions #cas #end, but I would like the current Home/CAS interaction to be a temporary error :c

Viga C | TD | FB
01-23-2019, 11:04 AM
I too believe there is an issue with the latest firmware and spurious reboots. It happens to me about every 5-10 minutes. I cannot isolate to any particular program or app, or home or cas. I've had it happen in all places, thus sometimes losing significant work while entering a system of equations in cas or creating or editing a user program. The only commonality is that it always seems to happen after a keypress, but no particular key. Makes me want to turn the calc off after every line I enter so it gets saved to flash.

I have tried the F,C,O, reboot, reformat disk, etc, etc
Tried different usb ports to update firmware,blah,blah
Kept things as vanilla as possible to whittle down possibilities...

I thought things like this would be sorted after 4-5 years, guess I was wrong. Can't imagine what early adopters were dealing with. Might just try a return to seller. Shame really, since I've probably put in 10-20 hours learning the thing (it's new). My hardware is C, but it's got the darker colored blue.

Software Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
Hardware Version: C
CAS Version: 1.4.9
Operating System: V0.050.640
01-24-2019, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2019 04:29 PM by Benjer.)
(01-23-2019 11:04 AM)BBR Wrote:  I too believe there is an issue with the latest firmware and spurious reboots. It happens to me about every 5-10 minutes. I cannot isolate to any particular program or app, or home or cas. I've had it happen in all places, thus sometimes losing significant work while entering a system of equations in cas or creating or editing a user program. The only commonality is that it always seems to happen after a keypress, but no particular key. Makes me want to turn the calc off after every line I enter so it gets saved to flash.

I have tried the F,C,O, reboot, reformat disk, etc, etc
Tried different usb ports to update firmware,blah,blah
Kept things as vanilla as possible to whittle down possibilities...

I thought things like this would be sorted after 4-5 years, guess I was wrong. Can't imagine what early adopters were dealing with. Might just try a return to seller. Shame really, since I've probably put in 10-20 hours learning the thing (it's new). My hardware is C, but it's got the darker colored blue.

Software Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
Hardware Version: C
CAS Version: 1.4.9
Operating System: V0.050.640

I'm having the same issue, as I mentioned earlier up above. Having used the calculator a lot since then, I have determined (like you) that the only common factor is that it occurs during or immediately after a key-press.

Like you, I've also tried various manners of rebooting/restarting, etc. I've taken to powering off/on frequently for the time being. I think the HP Prime is an excellent calculator otherwise so I'm very reluctant to give up on finding a solution.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)