New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
11-01-2018, 04:21 AM
New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
Hello,

New versions are available. I highly recommend just running check for update in your emulator/connkit to get the files. If your network blocks direct connection, you should fix that. Smile

Updates for all store versions (windows store, iOS, Android) are also rolling out at this time. ChromeOS is now also supported with full connectivity similar to the Android version through installation of the Android application.

The zip file posted has a bit of mixed up information (example: the date is correct, but the version info was left from the last BETA release - oops ). That is not major enough to waste time resolving it now though, so it will just be left. If you care about that level of detail, chances are you are reading this right now!

Below will be the most up to date changelog file. I've added two lines, and tweaked the version code build number. Basically though, there was little changed between the public Beta and this. (few minor CAS tweaks, 1-2 other fixes)

Quote:HP Prime – Release Notes
-------------------------

Date Released: 2018/10/16

Internal Versions
-----------------
Firmware Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
Virtual Calculator Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
Connectivity Kit: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)

Description
-----------
This release of the Prime Calculator firmware and associated PC and Mobile software delivers fixes to outstanding issues. This document is not a complete list of all changes but highlights specific items. All users of the HP Prime calculator are encouraged to upgrade for the best possible experience.

Please back up your calculator before the update. Any existing data on the device may be wiped during the update process.

Primary focus of this release is focusing on modification of HP Prime Apps and changing network communication with the HP Prime Connectivity Kit.

Windows Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator:
1. Now delivered as 64-bit versions by default
2. Now include Apple Bonjour installers to enable mDns networking on Windows
3. Updated to use 2017 build tools and redistributable packages

Mac Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator:
1. Uses built in networking to enable mDns discovery
2. Updated to use 2017 build tools and redistributable packages

New Functionality and Changes (Calculator Software)
1. Added UVAL and UPART commands to get value or unit part from unit objects.
2. Changed FP and IP commands to work with unit objects
3. Changed DMS key to work properly in places other than the HOME screen (dialog boxes, spreadsheet, etc.)
4. Reworked network connection screen to allow connection to specific IP address or network name
5. Reworked network discovery to use mDns/Bonjour to use more standard network discovery
6. Reworked display of large matrices, strings or expressions that do not fit on the screen print in a reduced size in history
7. Reworked cursor height to match the part of the expression being edited
8. Reworked selection of expressions to use system color instead of an invert selection display

Resolved issues and changes excluding CAS
-----------------------------------------
1. Updated parsec definition to latest NIST value
2. Resolved issue with Mac version when switching and quitting rapidly
3. Resolved issue with sometimes receiving value from Vars menu, and sometimes the Var name as expected
4. Resolved issue with INPUT command not accepting other data types when real number specified as option
5. Resolved issue with app programs not loading function immediately on send
6. Resolved issue with spreadsheet display in Mac connectivity kit spreadsheet display
7. Resolved issue with accessing exported user function from an "Empty" base app
8. Resolved issue with drawing a filled circle in geometry

Resolved issues and changes in CAS
----------------------------------
1. Resolved issue with rand(<3_argument>) command
2. Resolved issue to allow _min to parse as _mn
3. Resolved issue for sign of multivariate expressions, make abs(a+b) -> a+b if a and b are positive
4. Resolved issue with lin, useful for lin(normal(((c*r*v0+c*r*va)*e^(-t/(r*c)))/(c*r) + va) if no simplification is selected
5. Resolved issue with := before evaluation of CAS command, otherwise a:=1 copied from history in command line is printed a=1
6. Resolved issue with output of partfrac for factors of multiplicity 1 (unitarize denominator)

Note to School IT Professionals
-------------------------------
The standard windows install packages are built using the Wix toolset (http://wixtoolset.org/). If you need a standard MSI for remote deployment of emulator or connkit installers on Windows operating systems, you may now find the packaged MSI files alongside the existing EXE installers. Simply change the download link to be "*.msi" instead of ".exe"

For example:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/...181016.exe changes to
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/...181016.msi

You may also need to deploy the x64 or x86 version of the Visual Studio 2017 c++ redistributable (vc_redist.x64.exe or vc_redist.x86.exe - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-downloads) if not present in your existing school deployments.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2018, 04:41 AM
RE: New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
The calc and conn kit updated fine. The virtual calc won't connect, which files do I need from the ftp site?
11-01-2018, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 01:12 PM by rprosperi.)
Question about installing/upgrading the ConnKit. I am running Win-7 x64.

I had a 32-bit version of ConnKit installed, and used 'Check for Updates' - It downloaded the update and installed it with no problems (also updated my device without problems). But now when checking for updates, it detects the x64 version of ConnKit. So I tell it proceed, to update from x86 to x64. The x64 update downloads and starts, but then the installer halts with an error, saying another version is installed and I should correct the problem.

Note the same upgrade process (from x86 version to x64 version) seemed to update fine for the Virtual Calculator.

@Tim - Should I manually uninstall the x86 version of the ConnKit, and then manually run the x64 ConnKit installer? If so, will all the 'Content', Backups, etc. be preserved?

Edit: FYI, I noticed on the ftp site, there is no .msi version of the x86 ConnKit, but all the others are there.

--Bob Prosperi
11-01-2018, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 01:51 PM by Tim Wessman.)
It should cleanly install itself over the top of the x86 version, so that is strange. No content from your documents will be removed bythe installer if you uninstall.

TW

11-01-2018, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 05:49 PM by grsbanks.)
Software on my work PC, G2 firmware and work Rev. C firmware updated with no issue. I'll be updating the software at home and my home Rev. C's firmware when I get home but don't anticipate any issues.

Thanks for fixing the issue with functions exported from "empty" apps. That's a quick turn-around from the bug report coming in to the next firmware release with a fix Smile

Edit: All updated successfully at home too.
11-01-2018, 04:22 PM
(11-01-2018 01:04 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  when checking for updates, it detects the x64 version of ConnKit.
Just installed new versions of Connectivity Kit and Virtual calculator.
When checking for updates, current versions are offered. Either ConKit and calculator. Why there is not text «Up to date»?
11-01-2018, 05:55 PM
This was the smoothest update I've ever done. My virtual Prime and all four of my physical Primes updated with no issues at all. Well done to the team!

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-01-2018, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 06:28 PM by chromos.)
(11-01-2018 01:04 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I had a 32-bit version of ConnKit installed, and used 'Check for Updates' - It downloaded the update and installed it with no problems. But now when checking for updates, it detects the x64 version of ConnKit. So I tell it proceed, to update from x86 to x64. The x64 update downloads and starts, but then the installer halts with an error, saying another version is installed and I should correct the problem.

Same here. So I uninstalled x86 version and then x64 version installed properly.

(11-01-2018 04:22 PM)Voldemar Wrote:  Just installed new versions of Connectivity Kit and Virtual calculator.
When checking for updates, current versions are offered. Either ConKit and calculator.

Same here.

BTW I was unable to download ConnKit from 'ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime' with Firefox. Every time download ended as finished, but downloaded file size was about 30-40 MB. I tried it more than 10x. Then I tried IE11 and everything worked at first time.

Prime, 15C CE
11-01-2018, 10:54 PM
(11-01-2018 04:21 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  <...snip...>
New versions are available. I highly recommend just running check for update in your emulator/connkit to get the files.
<...snip...>

Thanks a million, Tim! Went perfectly smoothly, just like it's supposed to be.

smp
11-02-2018, 12:33 AM
thanks for the new version.

one niggle: the Connectivity Kit crashed at the end of the upgrade of my physical Prime G2.

This is on MacOS 10.13.6

I'd first upgraded the CK itself, then successfully upgraded the virtual calc, and backed up both that and my Android app, which had upgraded itself in the meantime.

In the next CK session, I proceeded to upgrade my hardware G2; that seemed to go perfectly, watching the calc itself, but when I looked back at the computer monitor, the CK app was no longer there, and wasn't running. I definitely didn't kill it myself.

The hardware G2 seems fine, however; I started the CK again and backed it up.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
11-02-2018, 01:53 AM
I downloaded the new version on my iPad (updated from the previous version).

Although CAS calculates interval of sin(x) as an example, it crashes on the iPad if I integrate over a definite interval in CAS or Home. I went to the plot function and successfully plotted sin(x). When asking for signed area of an interval, it successfully colors in the selected area of interest, but when I confirm the selected area, it crashes!

Any idea of what is happening (I deleted the Virtual Prime, and reloaded it after rebooting the iPad, and got the same behavior)?
11-02-2018, 01:55 AM
First sentence should say that the app successfully calculates the indefinite integral of sin(x).
11-02-2018, 05:46 AM
line_p() function still has problem.When each point definition has color parameter in 3D mode,the lines are often just black color.
When you use line_p and triangle_p simultaneously in 3D mode,the shielding effect is very poor.
11-02-2018, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018 06:46 AM by sasa.)
(11-01-2018 04:21 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  New versions are available. I highly recommend just running check for update in your emulator/connkit to get the files. If your network blocks direct connection, you should fix that. Smile

It seems new firmware update is not considered for public beta virtual calculator (Calculator -> Check for update, from main menu show nothing, at least for Linux 64-bit), even there is quite a bit of issues existed. In that case, beta software can be considered obsolete now.

Please confirm.
11-02-2018, 07:18 AM
There is no release further for Linux at the moment. The current one will also expire 2 months after build as part of the conditions I had to put into place on all the "Beta" software unfortunately in order to do public tests.

There are still quite a few things needed to do for the Linux version - some CAS calculations not matching other builds, not running on a large chunk of distos, etc. More work will need to be put in and I'm not sure when or if there is time for that at the moment.

TW

11-02-2018, 02:41 PM
One thing I'd suggest for future builds is to allow the Windows version of the program to install itself somewhere other than the C: drive. I like to keep C for Windows itself. All my programs and data (including Desktop, Favorites, Pictures, Videos and Music folders) go to a different drive. That way if my system needs reimaging, I don't lose my data and can restore my desktop and other system folders easily.

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-02-2018, 03:11 PM
For that you need to change your ProgramFiles, ProgramFiles(x86) and ProgramW6432 environment variables and installation software should put newly installed programs in the right place.

You might also have to change your Path environment variable to reflect the changes.
11-03-2018, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 02:33 AM by Dan B.)
FWIW, Installation via the Connectivity Kit worked fine on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.14.1 and on my Rev A Prime.
11-03-2018, 06:17 PM
With the new version of the Android Pro app installed on a Pixel 2 and the new version of the Connectivity Kit, I am seeing some unexpected issues that I am curious if anyone else is experiencing:
1. Connectivity Kit is running on my Windows 10 PC
2. I restart my Pixel 2, then run Prime Pro app, and voila the Android calculator shows up in the Connectivity Kit as expected
3. Close the Prime Pro app, then relaunch it, now I cannot get the Android calculator showing up in the Conn. Kit
4. Restart the Pixel 2 again, and it shows up again when I run the Prime Pro app

This repeats every time, I do not recall seeing this with the Beta. I will test my Samsung Tab E later to see if the same thing happens there.

Jacob
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2018, 06:48 PM
I have the same configuration: Windows 10 Laptop and Pixel 2 (Android 9/Oct securty patches). For the connectivity, I am using the automatic settings on the calculator, not the manual settings with the IP/hostname entry.

Whenever I have Conn Kit running and start the HP Prime Pro app, it shows up in the Conn Kit, and whenever I stop it, the app is removed from the Conn Kit's list. No restarts required, and it is running as it should.

This works no matter if I just leave the app via the back key or kill it via the app's android settings page.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)