Rubber feet for 41C, card reader, printer, etc.
10-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Rubber feet for 41C, card reader, printer, etc.
After some recent repairs to a 41C, I decided to look for a source for the rubber feet. There is a least one person selling them on TAS, but I thought I might get a better price if I found a source for the material and cut them myself.

I ended up buying a strip of medium hardness, neoprene 1/16" thick with adhesive back, 1" x 10' from rubbersheetwarehouse.com. It cost about $12 and is enough material for even Sylvain's or Namir's collection. The only drawback is that you have to cut it yourself so the feet might not look perfect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2018, 06:03 PM
RE: Rubber feet for 41C, card reader, printer, etc.
Something I've noticed with the replacement feet from eBay. If the replacement feet are subsequently removed, usually the adhesive sticks to the calculator instead of the rubber, unlike the original feet.

Samson Cables also sells feet both through their store and eBay.
10-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Good to know. How about for 95/100/200LX?
Thanks for the suggestion, David. I might try that and make use of a scalpel to get clean cuts. Probably should use a punch for the round feet of an 82240A/B printer.

Now, do you have a suggested source for the cylindrical, mushroom-shaped feet used for the HP palmtops in the 95LX, 100LX, and 200LX? (F1000-40020, Rubber Foot, Qty 8)

I do still have 3 of them left from a purchase of the spare parts kit years ago, but these and battery covers get worn out.

Alan
10-30-2018, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018 06:39 PM by rprosperi.)
(10-30-2018 06:03 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Something I've noticed with the replacement feet from eBay. If the replacement feet are subsequently removed, usually the adhesive sticks to the calculator instead of the rubber, unlike the original feet.

I agree, this occurs nearly every time, essentially making them one-time use. We'd like to think one of these would not have to be replaced yet again, but it happens often, especially with 41s. And I thought it was just me... Smile

--Bob Prosperi
10-30-2018, 06:20 PM
(10-30-2018 06:03 PM)striegel Wrote:  Now, do you have a suggested source for the cylindrical, mushroom-shaped feet used for the HP palmtops in the 95LX, 100LX, and 200LX? (F1000-40020, Rubber Foot, Qty 8)

Check here: http://www.palmtoppaper.com/default.asp

Often in the past, they've had parts I needed that were not listed (like a battery door!) so give them a call and check.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)