What is that cable for?
10-10-2018, 10:48 PM
What is that cable for?
Hi,

some time ago I bought a small smorgasbord of HP calculator accessories. It contains a cable, which I do not know (see photos). That cable is only 2-pin, so it is probably a power supply cable. It is also some kind of extension cable, because plug and socket match. The previous owner says that it belongs to a HP-41. Any ideas?

Wolfgang

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2018, 10:54 PM
RE: What is that cable for?
(10-10-2018 10:48 PM)husmann Wrote:  Hi,

some time ago I bought a small smorgasbord of HP calculator accessories. It contains a cable, which I do not know (see photos). That cable is only 2-pin, so it is probably a power supply cable. It is also some kind of extension cable, because plug and socket match. The previous owner says that it belongs to a HP-41. Any ideas?

Wolfgang

These look like HP-IL cables. There are used for connecting HP-IL compatible devices (printer, disk drive, RS-232 interface, etc.)
10-11-2018, 01:12 AM
(10-10-2018 10:54 PM)jwhsu Wrote:  
(10-10-2018 10:48 PM)husmann Wrote:  Hi,

Wolfgang

These look like HP-IL cables. There are used for connecting HP-IL compatible devices (printer, disk drive, RS-232 interface, etc.)

Yup, HP-IL. Those could have been used with a 41 or with a few other things (71B, 75C/D, ...), but in any event the previous owner is correct.

There's a picture here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP-IL
10-11-2018, 06:29 AM
All you need to know about HP-IL, and then some... (Thanks a lot Sylvain!)

:)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2018, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the help.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)