HP-35S Branching Tricks???
04-23-2014, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 06:20 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
HP-35S Branching Tricks???
Hi there. I finally entered into my 35S the full-featuted polar-rectangular/complex number conversion program from this thread:P/R--Complex Number Conversions

As it contains branches to line numbers, as I added lines, the branching line numbers constantly changed as I was writing the program. So, I decided to just remove the branch instructions and add them after I finished entering the program. Thus, after I finished the program entry, I decided to enter the branch instructions last. As I did so, these branching instruction numbers changed as well but not to the correct locations as this program was written.

Is there a better method to entering the branching instructions as the locations dynamically change?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: HP-35S Branching Tricks???
Enter dummy locations, like GTO Z999, then when the program entry is finished, go back and correct the locations.

R.
04-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Enter the program exactly as listed. Don't make any mistakes.
The lines numbers and GTOs will be correct.

Forward GTO references don't get changed until there are that many lines.

- Pauli
04-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks folks. At first, I tried to enter the listing straight through. Thus, I got the 'NON-EXISTENT' errors as I entered the go-to instructs. So, I then just entered the prog without the transfers. Then, as I tried to enter the Goto commands at the top, each goto would change the number I put in. So I thought to work backward and change the goto instructions in reverse. In any case, I'm not certain how I fixed in and in what direction I went to change the go to instructions but it all flowed into place.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)