HP 50g - missing "Echo" soft menu key
09-08-2018, 08:16 AM
HP 50g - missing "Echo" soft menu key
I'm working my way through the User's Manual to get to know my 50g. The section on the ALG menu shows how I can get to the help pages, and how to copy examples to the stack using the "Echo" soft menu key. The manual shows the key labels "EXIT ECHO SEE1 SEE2 SEE3 MAIN" for the COLLECT function, but I see "LIST SEE1 SEE2 SEE3 CANCL OK". I thought it might be an issue with my calculator settings, but the virtual calculator V3.1.29 shows the same menu options.

Has ECHO disappeared since the manual was written? I have ROM version 2.15 on the calculator, and 2.16 on the emulator.

TIA for any help.

HP-41C, HP-41CV, HP 48G, HP 49G, HP 50g, HP 35s, HP 15C CE, HP Jornada 420, DM41X β, Zengrange Gunzen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2018, 09:06 AM
RE: HP 50g - missing "Echo" soft menu key
(09-08-2018 08:16 AM)Markeporter Wrote:  I'm working my way through the User's Manual to get to know my 50g. The section on the ALG menu shows how I can get to the help pages, and how to copy examples to the stack using the "Echo" soft menu key. The manual shows the key labels "EXIT ECHO SEE1 SEE2 SEE3 MAIN" for the COLLECT function, but I see "LIST SEE1 SEE2 SEE3 CANCL OK". I thought it might be an issue with my calculator settings, but the virtual calculator V3.1.29 shows the same menu options.

Has ECHO disappeared since the manual was written? I have ROM version 2.15 on the calculator, and 2.16 on the emulator.

TIA for any help.

ECHO isn't available for all HELP. If ECHO doesn't show up, the OK menu choice is used instead. Why? Who knows. This comes from the Advanced User's Reference Manual on page 4-3.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)