Engineering Equation Library & Analysis
09-21-2018, 08:19 AM
RE: Engineering Equation Library & Analysis
Bernard,

I deleted all the older files from my Prime, and I just now downloaded these 2 files from your opening post to ensure I have the absolute latest versions:

EE_Analysis.hpprgm (not zipped)
EE Library.hpappdir.zip

I opened the HP Connectivity kit on my iMac, then dragged "EE_Analysis.hpprgm" into the Content section. I unzipped the other file and then dragged the entire "EE Library.hpappdir" folder to the Content section. Again, all the older files were deleted from my Prime, so I dragged "EE_Analysis.hpprgm" from the Content section into Programs (on my Prime). After that, I dragged "EE Library.hpappdir" from Content to Application Library (on my Prime).

When I press Blue-Shift & 1 (Program), I see the following listed:

EE Library (app)
EE_Analysis

With "EE Library (app)" selected there is of course no soft-menu to "Run" but when I select "EE_Analysis" then I see "Run" appear. But when I tap on "Run" I get the yellow circle with a "!" inside. And if I then press the Enter key, I get a program listing. If I then press the Esc key, I get an error dialog that says:

Syntax error in program line 1516

If I then press the Apps button and then tap on "EE Library," I see the Equation Entry fields:

<Blue Square> E1: <field>
<Red Square> E2: <field>
<Dk.Green Square> E3: <field>
<Orange Square> E4: <field>
etc.

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2018, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2018 01:08 AM by BERNARD MICHAUD.)
Due to errors, Re-download

EE_Library.hpappdir.zip and
EE_Analysis.hpprgm

Thank you James for testing the programs.
The problem was in the two programs calling each other, from the last item of each program lists.

Start the EE_Library first and from that point you can switch back and forth between Library and Analysis by selecting the last item in each program lists.

BM
09-26-2018, 12:30 AM
Bernard,

I just downloaded your newest version programs and gave them a basic test. So far so good. The problem I reported previously is now fixed. One question though regarding your Ohm's Law program. When I invoke "Ohms Law, Power" it presents a small dialog that says the following:

Enter any two values

I think this is useful info, but it requires an extra step by the user to press Esc or Enter to clear that dialog away and get to the actual calculation screen (the screen with the 4 entry fields). At the bottom left of that entry screen, you see the following text:

Enter a value for Voltage

Above that line of text and below the lowest field, there is space where you could put "(Enter any 2 values)" and that way avoid having to display a separate dialog which says that. Just a thought.

One more thing...

If I invoke the Ohm's Law program by first pressing Blue-Shift & 1 (Program) and then choose EE_Analysis and press Run, if I then tap the Cancel soft-button in the bottom right corner of the entry screen (screen with 4 fields), I get the following error dialog:

EE_Analysis Error: 0/0

But if I instead press Apps > tap on EE Library > View > Main Menu > EE Analysis > Ohms Law, Power > press Enter > press Cancel, it cancels as expected with no error.
09-27-2018, 12:52 AM
Thanks James

I'm tweaking the program occasionally and will include that in the next Update.

Thanks

BM
10-07-2019, 01:40 PM
(09-01-2018 05:18 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  Please read: ( EE Library read first.PDF)

1- More bugs have been corrected.
2- Some equations were added
3- New sections added in Op-Amps
4- Updated work on RL & RC Natural Response, with Graphing info.

More updates will follow as the library will be expanded during the summer months.
Progress is a bit slow since I am still employed and time is precious.

BM

Good job.....thank you!

http://www.dg8fbv.de
41CX, Card R., Barcode R., X-Function, X-Memory, Advntg-Modul,
HP41 Printer, 82200A Touchpad, 48GX black LCD, 50g, Prime G2
12-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Hello Bernard, Thanks for your excellent EE Library 4 software. One comment on the Wheatstone Bridge option.
I believe that in the "illustration" resistor R4 should be >> R3, the resistor R3 should be >> R4. In other words they need to be flipped according to my examples. To correct just modify the image file that shows the bridge with R values that appears right before you start the program.

So in other words starting from (Rx) in your illustration going clockwise the next will be R2, R3, R4 in the circuit.

I am using this as an example, using their geometry.
https://eeeproject.com/wheatstone-bridge/

In the link above I have:
E=100v
R2= 40 ohms
R3= 50 ohms (R3 location swapped with R4 location)
R4= 100 ohms (R4 location swapped with R3 location )
Rg= 1e9
Rx= 50 ohms
Rs= .001
solve >> Vm = 11.1 (Produces correct answer 11.1 as shown in the link above)

Thanks
Rupert
02-27-2020, 03:11 AM
Where can I download the EE_Library and EE_Analysis?
04-10-2020, 08:53 PM
(02-27-2020 03:11 AM)hugofmfreitas Wrote:  Where can I download the EE_Library and EE_Analysis?

Go back to page [1] and top of post.
05-08-2020, 11:59 PM
Hi Bernard,
Is there a problem with the EE_Analysis 6.hpprgm.zip. When performing a program check I receive a syntax error on Line 178. There are also numerous random characters in the many of the print strings. I've downloaded multiple times and from different computers. I'm guessing it may be a corrupted .zip file. I am using connectivity kit build 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16) and a G2 Prime. I have reverted back to version 5 for now. Thanks for the great work! I really enjoy your program.
dkaloi
05-28-2020, 06:08 PM
(05-08-2020 11:59 PM)dkaloi Wrote:  Hi Bernard,
Is there a problem with the EE_Analysis 6.hpprgm.zip. When performing a program check I receive a syntax error on Line 178. There are also numerous random characters in the many of the print strings. I've downloaded multiple times and from different computers. I'm guessing it may be a corrupted .zip file. I am using connectivity kit build 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16) and a G2 Prime. I have reverted back to version 5 for now. Thanks for the great work! I really enjoy your program.
dkaloi

Hi

I've redownloaded the zip file from my post re-installed it on my Prime and it works ok Line 178 should be an END; statement that terminates the sinus() routine.

I've not heard from anyone else . I suggest you try a re-download and do a soft reset via the pin-hole at the back of the Prime.

Bernard
05-29-2020, 02:01 PM
Hello Bernard,

Thanks for the work on the EE_analysis program. I too am getting the syntax error - see attached image - sounds like the same as the one dkaloi is having.
You can see the random characters and the End statement in the screen shot.

I have also deleted and re-downloaded and re-installed a few times without success and wanted to let you know that there is at least one more person having the issue.

Perhaps its my installation method? I copy files across using HP connectivity toolkit dropping the "EE_Analysis_6" app into the Programs folder and I drop the "EE Library 6,hpappdir" into the Application Library folder. Also I am using a windows 10 environment.

thanks
Dave
05-29-2020, 05:45 PM
Also forgot to add that I am also using connectivity kit build 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16) and a G2 Prime running latest firmware.

thanks again
Dave
05-29-2020, 05:47 PM
Oops - looks like I forgot to click "add attachment" . Here it is in case it helps.

regards
dave

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-30-2020, 07:03 PM
EE_Analysis 6 re-download

I am also using 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16) and a G2 Prime running latest firmware.

There are odd looking Asian Characters in your pict?????

Haven't a clue where that came from.

Try the new .zip I just posted, see if makes a difference.
Thanks for your interest in the program, always nice to have a bit of encouragement guys.

BM
05-30-2020, 10:21 PM
That did it! I re-downloaded and re-installed and it works fine - "No errors in program"

Thanks for sticking with it, your efforts are much appreciated.

regards
Dave
06-16-2020, 08:45 PM
I have installed and started using Version 6 as well as polyphase. Thanks for your efforts.

In the past I used a Load Flow Analysis program by Tomislav Hruskovec. It ran on the 48GX, 49G+, and the 50G.

So far I have yet to find a load flow program for the Prime. That might be a future addition to your library.

Thanks again --

Randy
10-07-2020, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the app. It works great.
10-06-2021, 08:41 PM
Good Night!

I'm trying to test this application, but I cannot get it running. The EE Library works flawlessly and it's amazing. But the EE Analysis app doesn't. When I try to check it, the calculator gives me an error on line 2472, however I don't see anything wrong.
Already tried to install the latest version and even another that is on hpcalc.org. My calculator is an HP Prime G2 running software version 2.1.14596.
Could you give me an hand trying to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!
01-21-2022, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 03:37 PM by BERNARD MICHAUD.)
(10-06-2021 08:41 PM)Skirama Wrote:  Good Night!

I'm trying to test this application, but I cannot get it running. The EE Library works flawlessly and it's amazing. But the EE Analysis app doesn't. When I try to check it, the calculator gives me an error on line 2472, however I don't see anything wrong.
Already tried to install the latest version and even another that is on hpcalc.org. My calculator is an HP Prime G2 running software version 2.1.14596.
Thanks in advance!

I replaced the EE_Analysis 6 program with the one I have on my own Prime G2. Go to the top of Page 1 and reinstall EE Analysis 6 from Jan 21,2022.

Bernard
07-06-2022, 08:24 PM
(01-21-2022 03:32 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
(10-06-2021 08:41 PM)Skirama Wrote:  Good Night!

Thanks in advance!

I replaced the EE_Analysis 6 program with the one I have on my own Prime G2. Go to the top of Page 1 and reinstall EE Analysis 6 from Jan 21,2022.

Bernard

Thanks for the update. The new version is working flawlessly!
Have a nice day,

Skirama

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)