HP Prime G2 firmware.....
08-28-2018, 02:53 AM
RE: HP Prime G2 firmware.....
[Image: Prime-regulatory-block-comparison.jpg]

Easiest way to tell which is which, even without reading anything, is the position of the serial number sticker. If it's at the very top, it's G2. Otherwise it's G1.

N.B. If you have a G2 and its regulatory block differs from the one shown above, please post a photo of yours. Thanks!

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2018, 05:51 AM
Hello

[About bricking a Prime]
"Are you sure that that's all [the ways to de-brick them]? No JTAG type re-flashing?"

Actually, JTAG does not give you access to the flash. It gives you access to the CPU (JTAG is present on Prime of course).
Once you have CPU access, you can then use that to download and execute a program that can access the flash.
But this means complete opening and soldering which is one level more dificult than the other methods.

As Tim said. Exam mode is the critical point here. If someone starts doing somehting to disable/modify/simulate exam mode and publish an "how to", then we will be forced completely lock down things, which would be very sad...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
08-28-2018, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2018 11:41 PM by CyberAngel.)
(08-28-2018 05:51 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello

[About bricking a Prime]
"Are you sure that that's all [the ways to de-brick them]? No JTAG type re-flashing?"

Actually, JTAG does not give you access to the flash. It gives you access to the CPU (JTAG is present on Prime of course).
Once you have CPU access, you can then use that to download and execute a program that can access the flash.
But this means complete opening and soldering which is one level more dificult than the other methods.

As Tim said. Exam mode is the critical point here. If someone starts doing somehting to disable/modify/simulate exam mode and publish an "how to", then we will be forced completely lock down things, which would be very sad...

Cyrille

I.m not going to open and solder my Prime, but I do have one soldered HP 49G.
It has two set of pins on the ... lower right side? (can't RCL)

Congratulations, Cyrille (old man Logan), for another X-men ordinary marvel:
The HP Prime.
I ♥ Prime ∞

PS: no exam mode hacking - EVER!
I like the system the way it is - open
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)