New G2 HP Prime
02-15-2019, 06:23 PM
RE: New G2 HP Prime
(02-15-2019 05:48 PM)pier4r Wrote:  I am aware only of the nspire series (nspire and nspire CX) that offers MB of user available ram. Maybe the casio classpad does it too

My CP400 (empty) claims 512KB memory free, and about 18MB free "storage" out of 24MB.

Cambridge, UK
41CL, 12C, DM15L/16L, 71B, 17B, 28S, DM42, 48GX, 17bII+, 50g (HP & newRPL), 30b (WP 34S), Prime G2
various Casio, Rockwell 18R :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2019, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2019 07:40 PM by pier4r.)
(02-15-2019 06:06 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  There's some stuff in mine but very little, about 100KB worth.

"Mem > Info" gives me 246MB RAM and 460MB of flash available.

Impressive. Practically endless for common programs and math investigations.

Thanks also to cdmackay for the info.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
02-16-2019, 01:27 AM
The G2 is a nice improvement over Version C, but I still look forward to a G3 with a radically different screen. We've had beautiful Retina displays on mobile devices for YEARS, and if there is a weak point in the Prime's hardware it's the display. Let's face it, it's comparatively not great. Swapping that out for something much better would be all the incentive most Prime users would need to buy another Prime. As it stands now though, only "I've got to have every single HP calc made" types would buy a G2 Prime if they already own a Ver.C Prime.
02-16-2019, 02:26 AM
(02-16-2019 01:27 AM)JDW Wrote:  As it stands now though, only "I've got to have every single HP calc made" types would buy a G2 Prime if they already own a Ver.C Prime.

Hey, hey, careful, you make that sound like a bad thing... Wink

Actually I will get a G2 (once they become available here in USA) because of its superior specs. Most folks talk about needing (ok, wanting) the higher speed, but frankly the G1 Prime is more than fast enough for anything I will EVER do with mine, but the much larger RAM and Flash mean I can load all the programs I want and basically not have to choose which I do/don't load.

But I do wish more Apps included better built-in help. Prime offers the best resources I've ever seen in a calculator (flexible fonts, graphics, tree viewing, etc.) for documenting how to use the programs, yet I've only seen this done a handful of times. Sure, documentation is boring, but it's a surefire way for folks to really use your programs.

--Bob Prosperi
06-03-2019, 10:45 PM
Has anyone tried to use an otg keyboard?
06-03-2019, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2019 11:16 PM by TheLastMillennial.)
(06-03-2019 10:45 PM)rsfjr Wrote:  Has anyone tried to use an otg keyboard?
Yes, I did. Unfortunately, although the calculator will recognize the keyboard, there are no drivers written for the keyboard to actually function with the calculator. Sad
I have a thread that mentions it, these are the most relevant replies.
(02-15-2019 06:07 AM)cyrille de brĂ©bisson Wrote:  >USB keyboard
Short answer: No.
Long answer: the keyboard will actually be recognized and enumerated, but no driver were written (sorry, I was otherwise buzzy), so pressing on keys will not do anything. Plus, keyboards are a pain because they are all different. Had primed supported ONE keyboard, it would have been an azerty one:-).

(02-15-2019 11:11 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Well I would argue that [Human Interface] devices aren't supported because the majority of the target audience won't attach them to the calculator.
As always think about the economical effort (even just in brain cycles) of a feature to develop, support and expand for few individuals.

Dunno why [TI added support], it would be interesting to know. Maybe they did it because teacher can type commands faster. I would personally use a computer to type things, it is clumsy to type with a micro monitor. With the prime and the connectivity kit it is quite quick to control the system.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)