HP 15C CE key bounce
04-22-2024, 01:12 AM
HP 15C CE key bounce
(09-03-2023 09:09 AM)ijabbott Wrote:  The key bounce on my 15C CE (Lot number 9CJ323) is still really annoying*. I'm planning to return it for replacement under warranty.

* I've tried to clear the problem by pressing each key hundreds of times, which seems to have a temporary effect of reducing key bounce, but the problem recurs after leaving the calculator for a while.

Thank you for your post and I have the same situation. I received a new 15C CE yesterday and encountered key bounce over 10 times in 6 hours of use -- a double-registration of a single key press and release, for several different keys. My unit is the same lot number as yours ("L/NO. 9CJ323"). I have serial number ("Collector's Edition Number") 03528.

After seeing the problem several times without trying, I found I can replicate it by pressing the 9 key 10 times (varying angle, direction, delay, and force), then x<>y to clear the display, then repeat. It happens often enough in normal operation that I too plan to return the calculator for an in-warranty refund and order another from a different supplier.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)