Request to HP Prime team
07-18-2018, 08:34 AM
Request to HP Prime team
Under the program editor, please add an option (toggle) to display line numbers. In fact, it's a non sense to display "Syntax error at line 247" and have to count the lines on the display to get there.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Request to HP Prime team
(07-18-2018 08:34 AM)scorpio72 Wrote:  Under the program editor, please add an option (toggle) to display line numbers. In fact, it's a non sense to display "Syntax error at line 247" and have to count the lines on the display to get there.
Thank you

Not to disagree with you, but is it not putting the cursor right at the spot of the error?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
07-18-2018, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2018 12:49 PM by chromos.)
I agree with the first sentence. But, if you are in program editor and 'Check' then the cursor is moved to first occurence of syntax error. So lines counting is not needed.

Edit: Aaahh, Tim was quicker. :-)

Prime, 15C CE
07-18-2018, 12:56 PM
Yes it does, but having line numbers is very important in programming as we use them for reference when a program is long so we don't get lost. HP Prime is a so powerful computer so we don't hesitate to write a very complex and long programs and having line numbers is a very big plus. It can be displayed or not by a toggle button for example. Also, a search option will be more than useful in a program editor. I'd say a Search/Replace function (very helping during rework/debug)...

Is there another update coming please? I'm really waiting for it to see if the issue corrupting programs is being addressed.
07-18-2018, 01:56 PM
(07-18-2018 12:56 PM)scorpio72 Wrote:  Yes it does, but having line numbers is very important in programming as we use them for reference when a program is long so we don't get lost. .... I'd say a Search/Replace function (very helping during rework/debug)...

+1 for Search/Replace. And for similar reasons Undo/Redo
07-18-2018, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2018 02:56 PM by Tim Wessman.)
To our knowledge there is no issue regarding corrupting of programs. Please format your calculator, and try loading them again.

If it continues, we'll need you to provide your programs you are loading, and the steps you are using.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
07-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Thanks a lot Tim ! I will try that again tonight and will let you know.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)