Woodstock Low Power Connectivity Kit
10-18-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: Woodstock Low Power Connectivity Kit
WLP ConnKit 1.04 released and ready for download!

The WLP Connectivity Kit has gradually transformed from an update and backup tool for the WLP to an universal and comfortable HP calculator ACT code analyzer for 20 different models without needing the WLP hardware.

Besides bug fixing the version 1.04 has some unique ACT code analyzing features:

1.) You can enter your comments in each line of code if you found something interesting while single stepping through the machine code and save your comments to the readable ACT machine code text file.

2.) You can save your analyzing session to file and load it the next day.

3.) And very unique: you can run the machine code backwards in case you have missed what was going on some steps before.

I would be interested if anybody does have interest in learning or understanding the old HP calculator machine language of the ACT chip or the HP-01 processor. But I will also not be disappointed if nobody, except me, did ever dive into the ACT machine code.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Very impressive! Hopefully I can find the time to look into this. Sounds very interesting!
10-20-2019, 06:32 PM
(10-20-2019 06:25 PM)Harald Wrote:  Very impressive! Hopefully I can find the time to look into this. Sounds very interesting!

Yes please, I would be glad to get some feedback, bug finds also welcome, but I hope I have already extinct most of them.

Bernhard

07-07-2020, 06:59 PM
I've never been able to get the Conn Kit to run, neither v1.04 about a year ago or v1.07 today.

The message, "HP25LP has stopped working" flashes on the screen for about half a second. I also get exactly the same message if I try to run the ACT Analyzer.

Running Win7 Home Premium 64-bit. Any ideas?

Dave
07-07-2020, 07:46 PM
(07-07-2020 06:59 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I've never been able to get the Conn Kit to run, neither v1.04 about a year ago or v1.07 today.

The message, "HP25LP has stopped working" flashes on the screen for about half a second. I also get exactly the same message if I try to run the ACT Analyzer.

Dave

I get the same message with ACT Analyzer. Win 7-64 Pro.
07-07-2020, 07:50 PM
(07-07-2020 06:59 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I've never been able to get the Conn Kit to run, neither v1.04 about a year ago or v1.07 today.

Dave

I tested both with Win7 Professional 64-bit. I have no idea what is missing. Did you run it from the directory with all associated files? Do you have .NET 3.5 installed? Please PM for more details if possible.

Bernhard

07-07-2020, 08:29 PM
I am the happy owner of an HP-67E LP now. Having 110 HP-67 programs available at any time, running at about 2X original HP-67 speed, boggles the mind.

Amazing achievement Bernhard!

Not to mention the HP-25, etc. that lie a few clicks away. Picture of my new friend attached.

HP-67E

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)