HP-80s and HP-71s
04-26-2018, 06:53 PM
HP-80s and HP-71s
Where could one reliably get ahold of an HP-80 series computer and/or an HP-71 series? I'd be looking for one in a relatively good condition that (of course) still works.

Trying to hide their hp obsession from their friends.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2018, 07:07 PM
RE: HP-80s and HP-71s
Hello!

In my experience (online) auction houses/platforms are the last remaining source for old calculators. Occasionally one can still find something on a flea market or in a thrift store but this requires an awful lot of time and travel. The classifieds section in this forum or similar ones may be a starting point also.

From the 1000 or so calculators in my collection (around 10% of which are from HP) 950 come from eBay. The others were donations, flea market finds or purchases in my private or professional surroundings. 2 or 3 I even bought in a shop. Rather 2 than 3. But unfortunately there are not many shops which have an HP-71B...

Good luck with finding one!
Max
04-26-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: HP-80s and HP-71s
(04-26-2018 06:53 PM)SamE Wrote:  Where could one reliably get ahold of an HP-80 series computer and/or an HP-71 series? I'd be looking for one in a relatively good condition that (of course) still works.

I have an extra 71B. PM me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)