Introduction:
04-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Introduction:
I already made a post here, but let me introduce myself a little. I got my first HP from my dad: an 11C that he supposedly did his entire chemistry course on, despite what his professor said. I got sort of obsessed and eventually came across the MoHPC, leading me to discover that there were more calculators like this. I eventually decided to, along with the 11C, get a 28S and a 48SX, since those were easy to get and appealed to what I wanted. Anyway, that's why I'm here.

Trying to hide their hp obsession from their friends.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Introduction:
The 48SX is surprisingly easy to get ahold of for how great it is. I think everybody just got spoiled by the incremental improvements of the GX and forgot about it. Smile But the SX is what I keep on my desk at work.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2018, 02:26 AM
(04-25-2018 06:54 PM)SamE Wrote:  I already made a post here, but let me introduce myself a little. I got my first HP from my dad: an 11C that he supposedly did his entire chemistry course on, despite what his professor said. I got sort of obsessed and eventually came across the MoHPC, leading me to discover that there were more calculators like this. I eventually decided to, along with the 11C, get a 28S and a 48SX, since those were easy to get and appealed to what I wanted. Anyway, that's why I'm here.

I was introduced to the 48 series when a student in an engineering class that I was teaching brought in a 48SX. If I recall correctly I believe that my main Calc at that time was a 15C. I fell in love with the SX, and ran down to a store right after the class ended for the day. (Don’t remember which store, but I remember that they sold calculators.) There I found out that the SX was obsolete, and I had to “settle” for a GX. That was the beginning of my collecting disease.

Anyway, welcome aboard SamE. I think you will find this site to be populated my an eclectic group of very knowledgeable and helpful people.
04-26-2018, 02:58 AM
Welcome to the MoHPC forums, SamE! You'll find lots of hp calculator fans here, most of whom are more than willing to share wisdom, insight, and experiences. And as you'll see, there's an astounding amount of all of that to go around.

My 48sx doesn't see much use these days, but every time I pull it out it's like having a conversation with an old friend. Always comfortable, and full of reminders of things I used to do with it. I definitely like the color scheme better than the 48g/gx, and now that its broken display has been replaced with an updated black-pixel one, it is (IMHO) the best-looking of my RPL units. It's a great calculator!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)