(29C) Particle Physics programs
06-18-2019, 08:21 PM
(29C) Particle Physics programs
An extract from Some Calculator Programs for Particle Physics, U.S.DoE, UoC (Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory), LBL--13987, January 1982 (27 pgs.)

The ELLIPSE, DALITZ RECTANGULAR, and CM programs work as given on the
HP-19C and HP-29C, while the other programs need changes from the following list …
The write-up for each program tells what the program does and how to run it, discusses any limitations or special cases or pitfalls, and gives an example or two to test that the program is stored properly and that its operation is understood. The examples have all been rechecked from the final typescript on an HP-97 and, with the necessary changes, on an HP-29C[i] …

LEGENDRE
The LEGENDRE program calculates the values of the Legendre polynomial series …

ASSOCIATED LEGENDRE
The ASSOCIATED LEGENDRE program calculates the values of the first-associated Legendre polynomial series …

CONFIDENCE and EVEN N and POISSON
The CONFIDENCE program calculates confidence levels for the x 2 probability distribution with N degrees of freedom. The calculation is much shorter when N is even than when it is odd, so there is a short program, EVEN N, for that case (CONFIDENCE handles any N ). CONFIDENCE may also be used to get confidence levels for the Gaussian (or normal) and the Poisson probability distributions, but for the Poisson case there is a much shorter program, POISSON …

TWO BODY and CM
In the 2-body reaction a + b → 1 + 2, let m(i) be the mass of particle i and let P be the momentum of particle a in the inertial frame in which particle b is at rest (the lab frame). The four masses and P are the input data for the TWO BODY program …

Program: ELLIPSE

DALITZ RECTANGULAR
The DALITZ RECTANGULAR program calculates coordinates of points on the boundary of the rectangular Dalitz plot for the decay of a particle or system of mass M into three particles having masses …

DALITZ TRIANGULAR
The DALITZ TRIANGULAR program calculates coordinates of points on the boundary of the normalized triangular Dalitz plot for the decay of a particle or system of mass M into three particles having masses …

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)