HP Calculators July 1978 Scans of UK Advertising, Invoice, Price Lists ...
04-22-2018, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2018 09:56 AM by AndyWalter.)
HP Calculators July 1978 Scans of UK Advertising, Invoice, Price Lists ...
I still have all the original material from when I bought my 29C in 1978. I had spent years looking for a good calculator of my own, desperately wanting my own programmable one, but not one that forgot the program when you switched off! I used to make a lot of use of a large, clunky (Compucorp I think) calculator about the size of a typewriter which had a large incandescent digit display, but this had to be re-programmed every day as it was locked away at night! It had unreliable keystrokes so getting a program in involved a lot of keystroke re-entry. Hence the leaflets about the HP55 etc which came out in 1975, while I avidly watched calculator tech improving fast, and costs coming down.

After lusting for an HP for a couple of years, the perfect calculator came out, and I managed to save up the huge cost to me at that time! Looks like I paid £118.75 on 20 Sept 1978; £1 was $1.9793 on that day, = $235 in US money!

As a young engineer I earned £231.08 that month, after income tax had been deducted, so this calculator cost me 1/24 of my annual income! But it's been worth every penny, and is still worth a few hundred dollars!

Enough rambling, here's a Dropbox link which I hope will get you into my folder wih all my HP material in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/89hnwducibhr7...jLk0a?dl=0

Plz msg here if this link works ok.

There's the HP 29C Service Manual at 44 MBytes, plus the following items:

HP Calculators Price List July 1978 UK
HP Calculator Accessories Price List July 1978 UK
HP 29C Invoice UK for my actual purchase & delivery, serial number noted.
HP Retailer Business Card, Leicester, UK. High up in a central Tower Block I recall.
HP 19C & 29C Solutions Book Ordering Form
HP 29C etc Accessories Leaflet; are these locking cradle & battery pack Woodstock generic?
HP 19C & 29C Sales Brochure Erratum Slip - clarifies GTO i & GSB i when R0 is -ve!
HP 29C Battery Warning Leaflet
HP 29C Warranty Envelope (I didn't bother! Trusted it implicitly based on HP quality reputation).
HP 31E, 32E, 33E 16-sided Sales Leaflet
HP 55 2-sided Sales Leaflet

Hope this is of interest to someone somewhere!
Andy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2018, 10:06 AM
RE: HP Calculators July 1978 Scans of UK Advertising, Invoice, Price Lists ...
Hello Andy, just to confirm that your link is OK.

Thanks once more!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: HP Calculators July 1978 Scans of UK Advertising, Invoice, Price Lists ...
Works fine in USA as well.

THANK YOU Andy, for sharing these vintage documents, it's very generous of you!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)