Which programs do you actually use in your calculator?
04-24-2018, 03:12 PM
RE: Which programs do you actually use in your calculator?
(04-24-2018 02:34 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Quora sometimes is, well, obsessive on some questions. Some topics are still quite ok, others are full of "QI" and shallow stuff.

Quora are spammers. No more, no less. I'd never heard of them and then, out of nowhere, I started receiving "Quora digest" with a mention saying "you are receiving this because you subscribed yada yada yada". No, I'm not going to "click here to unsubscribe" from something that I didn't subscribe to in the first place.

I did *not* subscribe. Quora has, however, subscribed to by blocklist.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2018, 03:51 PM
HP50g:

PEQUM Equation Library Manager (I wish there were a source code somewhere)
Equation Solver
solve -command (usually just manipulating some basic engineering functions for ie. sanity checks)
default program editor
->tag -command
Unit conversions
TMENU with custom set of most frequently used units.
Graphing functionality to check odd curves of ie. resistor networks
I would use binary manipulation programs if there would be a good set of those (WIP some Quick and Dirty ones for personal needs)

Why? Because I do not have access to math tools (except windows calc) at work PC ...and 'they' claim that calculators are useless at this decade. Nonsense.
04-24-2018, 04:05 PM
(04-08-2018 04:28 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  ->Qpi on the 42 is pretty common.

I usually throw together quick and dirty programs as required and delete the next time I need one.

Pauli

+1

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-24-2018, 09:34 PM
(04-02-2018 08:16 PM)michaelzinn Wrote:  Which programs do you actually keep and use in your calculator and why? Or do you not use any user programs at all?

Answers are very interesting.

On my HP35s:
- equations: TVM to simulate my 12c, RLC complex calculations, others I don't remember now
- user progs:
- P converts salary into daily rate of my consultant teams,
- B calculates their estimated bonus when they do a great job,
- M calculates the margins of my business.
All are very useful but I really miss key assignment

HP 15c:
- A: converts salary into daily rate of my consultant teams
- B: calculates their estimated bonus when they do a great job
- E: calculates the margins of my business.
- C: TVM using the built-in solver, with I for indirect addressing of variable to find
- LBL1: the true TVM formula
- LBL 0: the nice memory game found on this site

HP12c:
- 00: converts salary into daily rate of my consultant teams
- 20: calculates their estimated bonus when they do a great job
04-26-2018, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2018 11:07 PM by Valentin Albillo.)
(04-02-2018 08:16 PM)michaelzinn Wrote:  Which programs do you actually keep and use in your calculator and why? Or do you not use any user programs at all?

The calculator I use all the time is the HP-71B in diverse emulated forms (running on a PC, a tablet and a phone), complete with Math ROM, JPC ROM, HP-IL ROM and plenty of RAM, more than enough to have many programs instantly available, about 100+, some of them quite big.

The ones I use the most are my MINIMAX polynomial fit program (which will fit an Nth-degree polynomial minimizing the absolute errors [not the "sum-of-squared-errors"]), my IDENTIFY constant-recognition program (v2.0), and several very specific work-related programs, as all things having to do with solving polynomials, non-linear equations, integrating functions, dealing with matrices, complex numbers, Fourier transforms and number-theory functions are already taken care of by the MATH and JPC ROMs.

Very occasionally I also use an HP-15C and some SHARP pocket computers but I don't keep programs permanently stored there, I write them on the go.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2018, 01:53 AM
(04-26-2018 11:05 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  The calculator I use all the time is the HP-71B in diverse emulated forms (running on a PC, a tablet and a phone)...

Which emulators for the 71B do you use on a tablet and phone, it is Olivier's?

--Bob Prosperi
04-28-2018, 11:42 PM
(04-27-2018 01:53 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Which emulators for the 71B do you use on a tablet and phone, it is Olivier's?

Yes.

Regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)