HP42S / DM42 manual?
02-16-2018, 11:01 PM
HP42S / DM42 manual?
Hi Just got my long-awaited DM42 from SwissMicros, and am thrilled with it. Excellent build quality, great key feel. A great modern update. I can see ordering a couple more for the lab.

I found the Alternative HP-42S / Free42 Manual by Thomas Okken, which is great. I also know the calculator contains a copy of the manual in the help system.

However, there's nothing like printed paper manuals sometimes. Has anyone ever produced a printed version of the Alternative Manual, preferably in the smaller form factor typical of HP manuals?

Thanks,

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: HP42S / DM42 manual?
Would using the Adobe reader to print the manual in booklet format be helpful? I just tried that and the type is small but still readable. Working with a smaller document to get the hang of printing both sides in booklet format would be advisable. Not being used to using the reader to print I managed to print the whole document on on side only.

Note that the license for the document is for personal use only.

Steve
In order of appearance: HP 41CV, CMT-MCGPS, HP 41CX, DM 41, DM 42
02-17-2018, 05:25 AM
(02-16-2018 11:01 PM)dfnr2 Wrote:  .

I found the Alternative HP-42S / Free42 Manual by Thomas Okken, which is great. I also know the calculator contains a copy of the manual in the help system.

Actually the author of An Alternative HP-42S/Free42 Manual is José Lauro Strapasson (with contributions by Russ Jones). Thomas Okken is the author of Free42 : An HP-42S Calculator Simulator.

Gerson.
02-17-2018, 10:15 PM
(02-17-2018 08:18 AM)Mike (Stgt) Wrote:  
(02-17-2018 05:25 AM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  Actually the author of An Alternative HP-42S/Free42 Manual is José Lauro Strapasson (with contributions by Russ Jones).

Nice detail, this Free42 Mnl counts 41 pages -- what looks like a little curtsey towards its ancestor.

When I noticed that detail my thought was “why didn’t the author add an extra page?” BTW, the author lives in my area (Curitiba, Brazil). I remember having talked to him once (about the 42S and the 32SII).

Gerson.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)