Deleted thread?
04-01-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Deleted thread?
(04-01-2014 04:42 AM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  And while I'm sure Tim would make a fine moderator if he wanted to be one, it would probably lead to more conspiracy theories. Wink

Yup. I'd definitely prefer not to be. Could easily be construed as a conflict of interest thing.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 08:42 PM
(04-01-2014 06:27 PM)Sikuq Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 06:00 AM)walter b Wrote:  Actually, I miss a step 0 in your list:

(0) executed by the one who caused the problem, frankly admitting: "S..., I made an error!"

Proper execution of step 0 would have saved us all that hassle. You must have seen it in the very moment you did it. Maybe next time ...?

d;-)

Walter,

Mein lieber freund. Improper documentation of features, incorrectly set checkboxes, and the inability to ctrl-z for undo must be factored in as well. Y/N? And the s..t word is not cool in public places.

And, not to forget, on the web - now cloud - nothing is ever deleted. I have to admit I never thought of you as heated, but rather as the ultimate perfect German Professor type who never loses his cool and even resorts to naps in his garden. In Germany do you then wake up to a cup of tea with cookies like the British or is it strong coffee with Dunkins like here? (Actually, my donuts are hour-old. Then I get them half off. Social Security isn't what it used be.)

Let's face it: the moderator now set the checkbox he forgot about, we know now to do a ctrl-a and save to Notepad or Draft any major response, and that some people think of you as heated. That's a lot of positive progress to my credit (Y/N).

Oh, Walter, btw, about Step-0: You would not blame me for an undocumented erroneous program feature that cannot be undone and of which even the top super moderators were unaware of? Or would you, mein freund? I'd had to be psychic then wouldn't I?

Look, Sikuq, I already took into account the fragile souls of the inhabitants of the USA and wrote only "S..." - so please tell me how you concluded I should have meant "s..t" ?!? Do you claim being clearvoyant?

OTOH, you publicly admitted you had edited said thread head and (in the course of doing this) you deleted said thread. You're right, that was eased by some sloppy user rights management, but nevertheless you were the one who hit the button. Nobody else did. In immediate consequence the problem arose. Seeing this, a responsible forumer may (!) have thought (the following are censored thoughts for our sensitive US-American readers, the real thoughts may be a bit (!) more explicit):
"Oh ..., I don't know what I did but I can't see my thread anymore! And I can't undo it, ...! That's a really suboptimal forum software! ... Why must that happen to me? It's a shame! Too bad I'm too big to hide under my bed ... ... hmmmh ... ... well, my mommy always said I shall stand up for the deeds I've done (bad luck I can't forget that, mommy, that's all your fault! Yeah, I remember the wet guinea pig in the microwave. There was no warning sticker outside, mommy! No, I don't know what the matter in my head is good for? No, I won't do it again.) ... hmmh ... it's a shame! ... Anyway, I've to face it and I've to inform the moderator / the forumers ((please check applicable)) that something strange has happened - hopefully someone there knows how to repair it."
And then that person kept sitting and wrote that message instead of just going silently away for many hours and leaving the guesswork to innocent observers.

That's what I meant with "step 0" - no more, no less. I'd suggest you take it for your consideration.

d:-)
04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
You're heating, Walter Big Grin Big Grin
04-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Not really, I'm just feeling challenged sometimes ... Wink
04-02-2014, 07:54 PM
(04-02-2014 07:10 AM)walter b Wrote:  Not really, I'm just feeling challenged sometimes ... Wink
Never challenge a Walter...
[Image: 12-angry-men-20080612091725984.jpg]
For ever Big Lebosvski
04-02-2014, 08:41 PM
That's a Walther (Made in Germany):
[Image: Walther_P99_9x19mm.png]
04-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Oh, nice model, it fits nicely in your hand.
My father had one like this long time ago in South Africa, used it when traveling around to kill wild dogs attacking cattle.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

04-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Come on Sikuq, we won't reach agreement in this matter today. I concur the future being more important. Thus please, whoever will cause such effects like vanishing threads next time for whatever good or less good reasons, please pass the info and don't let the whole world speculate what was the matter while you know at least the trigger.

d:-/
04-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Sikuq, apparently you need to do this. I don't, and I think that the rest of the forum don't either. I'll put you now in my ignore list, if you go on with that obnoxious manic vindictive behaviour I won't be the only one.

I only post this because I started the thread, sorry guys.
04-03-2014, 12:31 AM
(04-02-2014 11:47 PM)Manolo Sobrino Wrote:  I only post this because I started the thread, sorry guys.
Darn, and now you can't even delete it anymore. Sad
04-03-2014, 12:36 AM
(04-03-2014 12:31 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:47 PM)Manolo Sobrino Wrote:  I only post this because I started the thread, sorry guys.

Best line of the thread Thomas! Thank you.

--Bob Prosperi
04-03-2014, 01:21 AM
(04-03-2014 12:31 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  Darn, and now you can't even delete it anymore. Sad

Priceless Smile

Yet I wouldn't dare... If everybody agrees, could some moderator at least close it?
04-03-2014, 06:14 AM
(04-03-2014 12:31 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  

Really nice one, Thomas!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)