Last X after Classics
01-28-2018, 10:07 PM
Last X after Classics
Hi all.

Since LastX was implemented on HP-45s and higher, it would seem plasusible that LastX would be a built-in. So, since multiple registers were possible as evidenced by later Classics after the 35, why wasn’t there a Last X operation on the Woodstock HP-21?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2018, 10:46 PM
RE: Last X after Classics
(01-28-2018 10:07 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all.

Since LastX was implemented on HP-45s and higher, it would seem plasusible that LastX would be a built-in. So, since multiple registers were possible as evidenced by later Classics after the 35, why wasn’t there a Last X operation on the Woodstock HP-21?

The HP-21 was the only Woodstock calculator without RAM chip. It had only the ACT registers for stack, all calculatons and one memory storage register. No register was left for Last X.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
01-28-2018, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2018 10:54 PM by Matt Agajanian.)
Ah! Thanks for the details. I suppose adding a RAM chip and the additional functionalities it would provide would put the 21 out of the economial price range too.
01-29-2018, 12:17 AM
Thanks for explaining that Bernhard, I have wondered about that many times (most notably right after I upgraded from a -21 to a -25). Simple enough reason, once you have it explained. I always thought it was some form of HP limiting the -21 feature set to make the upgrade models seem so much better. But no, simply no registers available. Thanks!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)