Solve App selecting Independent Plot Var
02-04-2018, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2018 06:53 AM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Solve App selecting Independent Plot Var
Generally, there are two reasons why we don't respond to something. Sometimes a third. Very rarely stuff like you cited.

1. We didn't see it.
2. We are thinking about it or discussing it and it is actually pretty hard to do and we are not certain if it is possible. Hence we don't respond because we don't know what to say particularly.
3. We plan to, but kind of forget.

This fell into a number 2. In order to do this, and ugly hack could be put in place specifically and only for the solve app. For it not to be a hack, we'd need to build in new capability into the dialog boxes to allow them to be modified from outside, and then load in specific configurations. The first is not a good solution and more trouble then it is worth. The second is tricky, will take a ton of work, and I don't think we'll get much benefit out of it at this time. Possibly in the future, but it would have to be part of a larger rework and feature that we'd want to get.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solve App selecting Independent Plot Var - Tim Wessman - 02-04-2018 06:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)