HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator (updated list of emulated models)
03-06-2018, 01:27 PM
RE: HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator
HP-80 converted to Multi calculator HP-67

I want to share how I inserted my new multi calculator board into an HP-80 and converted it to an HP-67 with vinyl overlay.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=1EznMXG87aJQGL5JGtPCRvPWvoxeY1L_x] [Image: uc?export=view&id=1mwpKOUVhDwhYC3BkyLGcsElBXGYgQojQ][Image: uc?export=view&id=18T6vdHMBbpoLkb90VpyqI-LjPo9DHMme] On the right the original HP-80 main board

Haralds and Tonys multi calculator is so easy to install and can repair any Classic calculator (except HP-65 hardware). It consumes only 50 mA, when switched ON, depending on the display contents.

In my case the original HP-80 had a ROM code issue and couldn't calculate some functions like square root or financial functions. But I didn't want to keep the business calculator HP-80 either, so I applied an HP-67 overlay, which originally was designed for the HP-67 calculator, but fits quite well to the classic case. Only the area above the first row is not covered and the front side label is a little short.

Many thanks and respect to Tony and Harald, this is a fantastic board for repairing or upgrading the HP "Classic" calculators.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator - PANAMATIK - 03-06-2018 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)