HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator (updated list of emulated models)
03-03-2018, 07:06 PM
RE: HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator
(03-03-2018 06:53 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(03-03-2018 04:55 PM)Harald Wrote:  I thought rather then just stating my view, I'd ask other users about their opinion.
Tony has implemented an "SC" function which saves the continuos memory of the C models. The way it works is, if you press it, it saves the current state the machine, and then it recovers from there the next time the calculator is turned on. But only the next. After that it loses the continuous memory.
Now I was wondering if it might be good to keep that calculator configuration for all future power ups until the SC function is executed again.
What are your views on that?

Cheers,
Harald

If "SC" not only saves the continuous memory but the complete current state of the machine, this can be dangerous. If the current calculator hangs somehow, it will hang forever (see example). You need at least a possibility to reset the current state, which starts the calculator as if batteries were newly inserted.

This is the reason why I implemented a "Clear All" procedure for the "Woodstock LP" firmware.

Bernhard

Sorry Bernhard, I should have been more precise. It only saves the continuous memory, not the complete state of the machine.
But your point is still valid I guess.

Cheers,
Harald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator - Harald - 03-03-2018 07:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)