HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator (updated list of emulated models)
01-06-2018, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2018 12:17 AM by smp.)
RE: HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator
(01-05-2018 11:17 PM)Harald Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 09:05 PM)smp Wrote:  Hi Harald,

While I am waiting for my upgrade processor to arrive, I got to wondering: Does the HP-45 emulation allow one to access the HP-45 timer function?

Since I never had the courage to perform the crystal installation, my HP-45 remains a stock unit. I can access the undocumented timer function by pressing RCL and then pressing CHS and 7 and 8 simultaneously.

Does this work on your multi-calculator upgrade when the HP-45 is selected?

Thanks!

smp

Yes, it does work. Tony has implemented it. Timer mode is entered by pressing rcl enter.
The timers have better accuracy than on most unmodified HP 45s,
but they are not perfect. They are off by a few seconds per hour.

Thanks very much for your reply.

I've been looking through Tony's manual for the multi-calculator kit, and I found a few pages in the middle of it that describe how to use the menus. I think they will apply to your upgrade as well? I also found the one page of notes that describe a highlight for a few of the calculators - and the hidden timer in the HP-45 was mentioned.

Does your upgrade contain all the HP-65 and HP-67 programs, too?

I am not clear about the other programmable calculators - what amount of program memory is available for them, or whether or not their programs are saved when you power off?

Does your upgrade default to the HP-35 on every power on, or does it remember what the last selected calculator was?

Thanks very much for all your attention!

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator - smp - 01-06-2018 12:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)