HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator (updated list of emulated models)
01-03-2018, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2018 10:04 AM by Harald.)
HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator (updated list of emulated models)
Finally the upgrade kit for the classic series calculators is available. It fits the HP 35, 45, 70 and 80.
It is based on Tonys wonderfull emulation of all the HP LED calculators. Tony has put in a huge ammount of time and effort to make his PIC work with my board and I am very greatfull he did this.

Calculator models emulated are:
Classic series: HP 35, 35b, 45, 55, 65, 70 and 80 (35b is with 2.02 bug rom)
Woodstock series: HP 21, 22, 25, 25c, 27, 29c and 67
Sting series: HP 10, 19c (including printing to tonys PC software via USB)
Spice series : HP 31e, 32e, 33e, 33c, 34c, 37e, 38e and 38c
Topcat Series: HP 91, 97 (including printing to tonys PC software via USB)
And finally the HP 46

There is program storage for all the programmable models. It is best to see Tonys website http://www.teenix.org for all the details on the emulator and PC tool.

The pcb is fully supported by Tonys PC software and can be upgraded via the integrated flash tool.

Compared to PANAMTIKs Woodstock LP it offers no low power mode and no functional improvements over the original calculators (appart from program storage for the programmable models).

The first batch of 10 boards has sold. I have components, but am waiting for more bare PCBs to arrive from china. This usually takes two weeks, but customs is slow right now and the package might be delayed. So please be patient...

But the installation requires no soldering what so ever. The original keyboard and display drivers are kept (which is why low power mode is not possible). The calculator is upgraded as follows:

This is the new PCB that needs installing:
[Image: pcbtos05.jpg]

Open up the calculator:
[Image: orig3osca.jpg]

Remove the original PCB by carefully lifting it off the pins and replace it with the new PCB:
[Image: newmzs7c.jpg]

If you would like to be able to communicate with the PC tool, you have the option of cutting a hole in the battery compartment:
[Image: inst2a6se1.jpg]

[Image: holeaysbg.jpg]

[Image: installed1qs3n.jpg]

Once you are done with the installation of the new PCB, you can start using your upgraded calculator. The top left button accesses the main menue. If you long press it, you will get to this screen:
[Image: menu_1b7s69.jpg]

From here you can select the calculator model, simulate a "program / timer (if applicable) / run" switch, store or recall programs and display an about message.

About message:
[Image: abouts2snh.jpg]

Calculator selection:
[Image: selectk4s99.jpg]

This is the HP 65 after running the user diagnostic program:
[Image: diaggesrx.jpg]

I have just now finished the first couple of board and they are ready to order.
The boards cost €79 plus shipping (8 Euros world wide and insured). The chunk of that is component cost, with a small fee for testing and assembly and another small amount that will go to Tony to compensate him for his time and effort on the software.

Please PM me here with your address if you would like to order a board. Within Europe, UK and Australia I would prefer bank transfer, but paypal is available as an alternative.

Cheers,
Harald

Edit:
The PCB comes fully assembled and tested. No need to do any soldering.
Unfortunately I do not have any overlays available. If someone with the right skill set feels inclined to design / make overlays and would make them available I would very much appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have the time and skills to do it properly myself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Classic upgrade kit - Multi Emulator (updated list of emulated models) - Harald - 01-03-2018 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)