Summation based benchmark for calculators
01-11-2018, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 10:50 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Summation based benchmark for calculators
(01-11-2018 10:03 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Kann ich Sie duzen?

Sure, "You can say you to me" as former German chancellor Kohl (allegedly) once said to Margaret Thatcher :-)

And yes, I (still) speak some Italian because I had the big luck to grow up in that beautiful country (all in all I lived there for 20 years and will almost certainly return there when I have to retire from work).

One of my proud possessions is an unused HP-97 with Italian box and manuals which they threw away in the research facility where my father worked - it still has it's engraved "Euratom" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_A..._Community) inventory plaque on it's back :-) Unfortunately I don't have it here so I can't run the benchmark on it now.

Edit: In the meantime I ran the exact same BASIC program on a Casio FX-880P. It takes 2 minutes and 38 seconds (for 1000 loops), so almost exactly in the middle of the HP-71 and 75. Mind you, the Casio came nearly 10 years after the HP-75 and yet it is slower!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Summation based benchmark for calculators - Maximilian Hohmann - 01-11-2018 10:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)