Is the Prime suitable, for me
03-29-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me
(03-29-2014 05:07 AM)Mike Gale Wrote:  [*]The Prime is not right for me. After my first /fifteen or twenty minutes with RPN (many, many years ago, probably on a 21 or maybe a 35) I realised that it was just so right. It kinda clicked with how my brain works, cutting out all the clutter imposed by traditional syntax. (So I don't understand people who think RPN is hard, I find it easier!) The Prime can't be programmed that way, which just rules it out, out, OUT.

Hi, Mike!
True, the Prime programming is done with a simple, basic, but high level structured PASCAL like programming language - very efficient, and I would say, up to the modern standards of today languages.
As I see it, one can choose between RPN or Algebraic input formats, or HP-RPL and HP-PPL programming languages, depending on the task one has to do.
I would not exclude one in favor of the other, as no tool is good for all the tasks.

Please have a look in this thread, post #9 from Didier Lachieze, where we can compare two different ways to reach the same solution for a problem, depending on one's preference. Me? in this case I would use the HP-Prime.
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-991.html

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is the Prime suitable, for me - Mike Gale - 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-24-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-28-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - 1HPGuy - 03-25-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-29-2014 09:55 AM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-30-2014, 10:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)