What are the final specs for the DM42?
12-22-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: What are the final specs for the DM42?
(12-22-2017 02:12 PM)Logan Wrote:  Quick question. I assumed it recharged through the USB port and have definitely seen one of the batteries go from three to four bars (and increase in displayed voltage) after being plugged in. Yet the battery itself is a CR2032 not LIR2032. An I imagining things? Coincidence?

Like all batteries, under a heavy load (e.g. a long-running program) the CR2032 voltage will drop as a result of supplying the current, but once allowed to rest, the voltage level returns to (most of) its former level. So you can see the number of bars drop 4->3 when running, but then later return to 4 bars.

The firmware does some 'quieting' of this to prevent user concerns, but it can still happen when really long runs take place and/or when voltage is actually close to the 3/4 bar cut-off level.

When connected to USB, the cpu clock-speed increases dramatically and the system is powered from USB (and icon changes). So if you are running bizarre (to me) programs which run for hours, connecting it to USB first will not only avoid this issue, but also complete the job faster, since it's running at higher speed.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the final specs for the DM42? - rprosperi - 12-22-2017 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)