Scientific calculators that have formula/equation memory
06-09-2018, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2018 06:18 PM by Lonewolf.)
RE: Scientific calculators that have formula/equation memory
(06-09-2018 01:38 PM)pier4r Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 07:56 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  In my opinion Casio's "state-of-the-art" fx-991EX is nothing more than a gimmick next to the TI-36X Pro... Without memory safeguard you are left with nothing after the 991EX times-out after a few minutes of non-use, or if you must change calculator Modes, —and then return to your original Mode.

It's why I never bought one.
`

Thanks for the info, I did not know that modern calc "high end entry level" are without continuous memory. My sharp el-506w has it, as long as I don't change mode (I can understand that changing mode clears everything) so I was assuming the new ones had it too.

My Sharp El-506W does a useful trick (besides having memory safeguard). The EL-506W doesn't need batteries to operate but can operate solely on its solar cells. I use a lamp in low-light conditions when ambient light is insufficient, with no batteries.

All of the EL-506 series scientific calcs have memory safeguard, as for example does my early model, EL-506R, the most beautiful and compact of the 506-series with memory safeguard.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific calculators that have formula/equation memory - Lonewolf - 06-09-2018 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)